Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Content Template to include ''New Products''
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - June 10 2015 :  19:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there:

I have a huge number of landing pages aimed at different cities. I''ve setup a content page for each city which use a template called ''temp_content_cities.htm''.

This template displays a slideshow then loads the content page for the city. All''s well and good.

I want to add ''New Products'' container below but simply can''t get it to display.

In the Design Guide section 4.2.12 it explains to use <%LoadContainer "4"%> but this doesn''t seem to work in content templates. Any suggestions?

Here is an example webpage:
http://www.inkmagic.ca/shopcontent.asp?type=Calgary_Alberta_Inkjet_and_Laser_Toner_Cartridges

Also I''ve been able to use an ''include'' file to load the slideshow in .asp files but can''t get an include file to work in the content template. Any ideas? Here''s the code I used in the .asp file:
<!#include file="InkMagic_ca_HomePage_cssslider_files/SlideShow_ca.shtm" -->

I''m not a programmer, just trying to make some landing pages look better.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!
Dale

Data0999
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - August 22 2016 :  13:45:39  Show Profile  Visit Data0999's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Been awhile but it looks like you got it to work. Using <%LoadContainer "XX"%> in the content template pages? Or something similar. I''m curious how you achieved it or was it highly customized?

Thanks,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - August 22 2016 :  16:23:41  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
same with @data0999

i can see latest product section displayed under the page content, seems you have achieved it?

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - August 29 2016 :  17:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:

I never did get the template to load the ''New Products'' container which would automatically update the products when new ones were added.

I cheated ... I took the listing of my home page which does update with the latest products. I copied the lines for the new products from the home page then I pasted these lines at the bottom of the cities template. The products are static doing it this way but at least my landing pages have products listed.

I had to play around with the beginning and ending ''div'' statements to get everything to align properly.

It would be really nice if one of the VPASP Support staff could give us an idea of how to do this automatically. There should be a way of adding dynamic content to the page templates.

I know this is not what you were looking for, but I hope it helps.
Dale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00