Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 from 7 to 8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AleChe91
VP-CART New User

Italy
127 Posts

Posted - October 12 2014 :  11:01:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the transition from version 7 to version 8 can be made without modifying the database?

Let me explain . I currently all customers, products and categories , and then their images , descriptions, and data stored in the database.

If step to version 8 , I can preserving these data?

Alessandro

www.stockelettrico.it

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 13 2014 :  00:17:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Version 8 will come with a built in Upgrade Wizard that will convert your early VPASP version database for you so t is compatible with the new release.

Thanks!

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - October 18 2014 :  05:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im really want to wait. i also think version 8 should keep db structure, its ok with adding new fields or maybe new tables
diego.
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - March 18 2015 :  19:06:54  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what about if we have customisation? is it will be easy to update?

*serj*
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 22 2015 :  01:33:38  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Serj,

If you have kept a record of your changes in some form it will make upgrading easier.

We use a program called WinMerge to isolate code changes when upgrading. Is a free download so a good one to grab.

http://www.winmerge.org

You may find though that some of your changes to the older versions are now built into version 8 by default.

I will get our development team to get the new demo site up ASAP so you can se how it looks.

Thanks!

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00