Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Bulk deleting customer list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - July 10 2014 :  11:24:34  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to update my customer list, deleting customers that I no longer need to have in that list.

I exported the customer table to excel, update: deleting those that I want, save it, and importing again.

The problem is that it will "update" the table, but did not delete those customers that were deleted in the updated file.

How could I delete those customers without the need to go one by one, I need to delete about 200 of them.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Sonia Carter
www.babynucci.com

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - July 10 2014 :  19:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Sonia,

To delete customer records in one time, I would recommend to tick the check-box next to their record list in the admin page. Once ticked, simply use the Delete Selected Records button.

Alternative solution would be using an sql script.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - July 11 2014 :  12:16:49  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for your reply g3nnin, but that is what I was doing.
The problem is that I need to delete more than a 100 customers and tick one by one in a list of more than 2000 is very time consuming.
That is why I was trying to export to excel delete those that I want in that file, and import again, hoping that those customers that are not in the new list were going to be deleted.
About a swl script, I don''t have a clear criteria since is just base in e-mails that are not valid anymore.
Thanks again anyway.
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - July 11 2014 :  12:29:30  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
vp asp will only allow ''select'' command from their query function. so i think you can do that using sql command from your hosting panel, not from vpasp administration page

*serj*
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - July 11 2014 :  22:51:58  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you *serj*, I tried a query in the customer table in the administration page.
Since I am not very good with codes I used just a D E L E T E from CUSTOMERS where contactid = (number) and I added one number at a time and click display. It worked. It was long but not as long as selecting each customer going to the page scroling 100 by 100.
I wanted to use the query one time adding all the contact ids but did not get to that point. I tried the "and" and the "or" but was not accepted.
I will continue to search and if I got the simple way will posted.
Any suggestion and/or help will be highly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 11 2014 :  23:43:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What about a flag into one of the spare fields for the customers you want to delete in your spreadsheet.

Import this back into Admin and then do a search for the flag to filter the records.

Then check the all box and delete.

Fiddly but will allow to delete in short order.

Hope this helps.

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - July 18 2014 :  10:07:41  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great idea!
Thanks Cam I will try that asap and will post back with results.

Thank you.

Sonia Carter
www.babynucci.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00