Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Credit Card Payment Button that Stops Double Click
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Data0999
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - February 25 2014 :  10:07:20  Show Profile  Visit Data0999's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On the hunt for a script or way to fully prevent any possible way of a customer double clicking the Payment button. In most cases, this is not an issue but there seems to be times when a customer reports a credit card processing error because the information returned is the second "duplicate" attempt which not allowed as part of the gateway settings. So the initial payment went through and the second payment attempt was declined and customer calls.

We have not been able to replicate doing this ourselves but have had enough calls to search out a solution. It seems like it would be easy enough to find.

If anybody has a solution that only allows one-click (either fades out, shows progress, jumps, etc.) and indicates to "Please wait" or something, that would be great to test.

Thanks

Dave Layton
DataOB

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 25 2014 :  11:07:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is good.

http://www.the-art-of-web.com/javascript/doublesubmit/

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - February 25 2014 :  11:25:12  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
very useful information Carrol !

danke

*serj*
Go to Top of Page

Data0999
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - March 05 2014 :  21:15:01  Show Profile  Visit Data0999's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, seems like good information. I just haven''t been able to get the codes inserted and fully tested. Thanks. Hope to give it a go in the next day or so.

Dave Layton
DataOB
Go to Top of Page

Data0999
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - April 01 2014 :  22:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Data0999's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After going through various attempts, found one that seems to work for us and our gateway. Tried half a dozen different variations and could not get it to work on a multiple browsers and devices. This line did for what it''s worth.

<input name="submitButton" id="submitButton" type="submit" value="Pay by Credit Card" class="submitbtn" onclick="this.disabled=true;this.form.submit();" />

Nothing fancy but we have had no issues or complaints since about somebody ordering and getting an error message.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - April 18 2014 :  04:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found this one in vpasp site
http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/kb/589-Gateways/1150-Prevent-double-clicking-on-your-payment-gateway-on-VPASP-700/
but i never tried yet myself, maybe anybody want trying ?
diego
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00