Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Feature about sizes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nitim
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - September 06 2013 :  12:14:10  Show Profile  Visit nitim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a customer who has a clothing/shoe site and when I enter the sizes feature, in the cart the sizes are not in the order I typed it in when I created the feature. How can I fix this? If for example, shoe numbers start from 4, 4.5, 5, etc. all the way to 12, then 12 appear first and not last. I also have youth sizes where I have to enter the word Youth in there. Here is a link: http://www.cheer4me.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=18&cat=ASICS.

Please help. Thank you.

Niti

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 07 2013 :  06:59:56  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you''re on a later version of vpasp, there should be an arrow that populates featureorder and you can just use an arrow to move them up/down on the edit-features screen, and then change your xfeaturesort config option to:
featureorder,featurename

Otherwise (if you''re on an earlier version of vpasp, or if the process above isn''t working for your version)....

By default it''ll sort in featurename order.

As the featurename column is a text field on the database, a value like "Size 5" will come AFTER "Size 10" (because it''s sorting as a text string rather than a number, so the "1" bit comes before the "5" bit).

You need to change this config option:
xfeaturesort

to something like this:
featureother,featurename

and then, in your featureother column (which is also a text field, not a number field), enter small zero-padded strings with an alpha in it somewhere, ie values like this:
SIZE005 (eg for a "Size 5" feature name record)
SIZE009 (eg for a "Size 9" feature name record)
SIZE010 (eg for a "Size 10" feature name record)

Do the same kind of thing for other features, eg to make sure "Small" comes before "Medium", just give them a featureother value of, say, "SIZE01" and "SIZE02" respectively).

You only need to apply "featureother" values for features where you need to sort them in non-alphabetical order, for all other features that should just display in normal alphabetical order just leave their featureother field blank.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 07 2013 07:04:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly