VP-ASP :: Shopping Cart Software

Shopping Cart Software Solutions for anywhere in the World

US/Canada(Toll Free): +1 888 587 2278
Europe/UK: +44 (020) 7193 9408
Australia/New Zealand: +61 3 9016 4497

VP-ASP Shopping Cart Customer Forum

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Site not working 2 days after host move
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

go4gold
VP-ASP New User

151 Posts

Posted - October 21 2012 :  05:41:36  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I hope there is someone out there who can help me as I moved hosts 2 days ago and my site has not been working since then! I contacted the Support team 24 hours ago but just found out that they do not normally provide cover Saturday evenings or Sundays (Australia time?).

None of the links to my database work and I also cannot get into my admin screens. I expect I have done something very simple wrong...

I did the following on the advice of my new hosts at Webhosting UK:

1. Uploaded my site files to their server and then change nameservers.

2. Backed up MySQL and sent them the back up file for them to restore.

3. Changed shop$config.asp to show the new server location in two places and changed the database name to what they advised.

(I have tried also changing xshopid in shop$config.asp to the new database name or leaving it as it was but neither seems to make a difference so I am not sure which is correct).

Can anyone tell me if I have missed an important step please? My new hosts tell me they have set up the correct read/write permissions but the diag_dbtest.asp test says the following:


Database Read FAIL
Please ensure the database is at the physical location shown below.
Open Messages
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Database Write FAIL
Open Messages
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

My home page looks like this:
http://www.myfavouritepubwalks.co.uk/shopping/default.asp

And product pages look like this:
http://www.myfavouritepubwalks.co.uk/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=558&bc=no

Any help would be really appreciated!

Many thanks.

Go4Gold

www.myfavouritepubwalks.com
http://thepubwalker.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/PubWalker

go4gold
VP-ASP New User

151 Posts

Posted - October 21 2012 :  18:20:26  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Problem solved. Well not exactly - I found that my MySQL backup was corrupted so went back to my old hosting company and renewed with them. They have a year to improve their service or I will have another go at changing host next year but give myself more time to resolve any issues.

Go4Gold

www.myfavouritepubwalks.com
http://thepubwalker.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/PubWalker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000