Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Shopcustomer.asp problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - April 29 2010 :  10:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

I'm currently doing quite a bit of split testing and multivariate testing on our sites and I'm trying to test a couple of things on the checkout page (shopcustomer.asp) but I'm having problems.

The current page is at shopcustomer.asp and the alternate version is at shopcustomer2.asp (don't try to see a difference as the difference is in the validation of fields as one uses BYZ157 and the other doesn't).

Both pages work fine apart from one important aspect (important for me anyway). The logout link works fine on shopcustomer.asp but not on shopcustomer2.asp. If in shopcustomer.asp you logout and then go back to shopcustomer.asp the billing details are empty (as they should be).

However if you logout whilst on shopcustomer2.asp you are forwarded to the login page and the message at the top of the page says you are logged out (still with me - good). If you then go to shopcustomer.asp it would appear as if you are logged out - all well and good.

However if you go to shopcustomer2.asp you are logged back in.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

I've changed all references in shopcustomer2.asp from shopcustomer.asp to shopcustomer2.asp and I checked out shopcustadminlogin.asp and shopcustadmin.asp for any references to shopcustomer.asp but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  20:56:04  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where are you logging out from?

I just found that the link to LOGOUT at the top right box in the default layout goes to
shopcustadminlogin.asp?new=yes

And when I click on it, I get the error message that I am already logged in.

But, if I go to shopcustadminlogin.asp, and click logout, it works.

I am so tired of running into and reporting errors. Nothing seems to work for me in v7.00 Glad that I am not the only one having this issue. I am -> <- this close to scrapping VPASP.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  04:32:00  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

For Steve, the default package does not have shopcustomer2.asp so this may be one for BYZ?

For Summer, I just tested the log out button on your site and was logged out as expected.

Were you logged into the admin at the same time?

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  13:00:48  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
shopcustomer2.asp isn't one of ours; I've never used/seen that file before; by the sounds of it, I think that file was just something steve created as a copy of shopcustomer.asp to see how the byz157 thing works.

I try to use a completely different browser for admin than I do for customer stuff because the logins do seem to get a bit confused sometimes when you're using the same browser for both things (eg logout of admin, and some bits of vpasp think I'm logged in as a customer etc)

I've never managed to find a definitive/central "am I logged in as a customer?" check in vpasp, because different bits seem to use different logic/things (eg some bits use customerlogincid session value, some bits use customerid session value, some bits use lastname session value, and whether or not each of those is set seems to depend on which url you're on and what pages you've executed so far and in what order you've executed them). We often end up creating/using a separate definitive "am I logged in as a customer?" function and a "what's my customer id?" function, and then use those instead, because at least that way the logic's centralised. But we only do that when customising things, they're not part of any of our addons (and the logic that those custom-built functions use is surprisingly complex; it's not just a simple single session value check; there's lots of nested if's inside it)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  18:16:33  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve,

Support was able to fix this for me, as well as update the latest version of 7.00, which fixed many, many issues I was having.

As an aside, I added a shipping by price range and I noticed you ship by price range, too. Have you noticed that the shipping is based on the subtotal (before coupons) or has that not come up? If so, how do you handle it?
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  05:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are using version 6.5 and to be honest this is not a fault/bug with either byz157 or vpasp.

Shopcustomer2 isn't in byz or in vpasp. I have created it as an alternative page for split testing.

In split testing you create 2 different versions of the same page and the testing software sends users to which ever version it decides on.

So in this instance I'm looking at seeing if byz157 increases conversions, doesn't make a difference or reduces conversions, so I have 2 shopcustomer pages, one with 157 installed and without.

We are taking multivariate and split testing very seriously and do not make any large changes without testing the consequences first, hence why it is so important to us.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

spraypal
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  05:46:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi steve2507!!

I've a question for you!!
I saw your site and it's verry very nice!!!
How can i add a slideshow like you in my vpasp shop? I saw it in you site temptationdirect, the top box....

Could you help me please Steve????

Thank you so much!!

Carlo
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  06:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carlo,

The slider is a jquery plugincalled EasySlider.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

spraypal
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  06:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ty verymuch!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000