Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 V 7.0 customization problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - December 19 2009 :  20:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a few questions :

1. How do I get rid of the Powered by VPASP Shopping Cart in the footer ? I tried deleting it from the languages but it still shows up

2. I want to edit the home page text but everytime I update it gives an error "Content Category ID is a required field." and does not update. Any ideas ?

3. The CSS design thing is nice for pretty standard layouts but extremely limiting if you want to do anything out of the ordinary. For example I want to have the minicart, search, top products etc. all in different areas and it wants to put everything in the left column. Can I use my old shoppage_header.htm and shoppage_trailer.htm files from 6.5 ? how do I call the individual elements to display on the header and trailer pages ? right now I can only see <%leftsidebox%>

Thanks

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - December 20 2009 :  09:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update:
Solved 1 & 2 but still having problems with the CSS templates.

If I select the 3 column template it shows the extra column in the "layout Manager" in the Admin section.

However I have edited the 2 Column template and was thinking that I could use the <%rightsidebox%> in that to make a seperate area. However, it does not show in the Admin section, so I cannot fill it.

How do I do this correctly ? or ideally how do I add the seperate boxes like Categories, Languages or Search directly to the shoppage_header.htm ?

Is there some sort of reference or guide for creating your own templates ? The design document online only refers to the limited customizing available though the Admin section with CSS. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

petere
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 02 2010 :  16:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same question. Where are the documentation for doing more advanced layout then just the Layout menu ?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 03 2010 :  01:22:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

We have just released an updated version of the Design Guide which breaks down how to use the "Containers" from the Layout Manager directly in the code of your own design.

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/VPASP_700_Design_Guide.zip

Hope this new guide helps.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

petere
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 03 2010 :  03:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to me as it is the same design guide as before. Date is 2010-01-29
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 04 2010 :  20:04:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Sorry about that. Please try now.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dlenos
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - November 17 2011 :  13:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by riprod

Just a few questions :

2. I want to edit the home page text but everytime I update it gives an error "Content Category ID is a required field." and does not update. Any ideas ?

How did you resolve the Content Category ID is a required field. error?
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - January 14 2012 :  03:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dlenos, go to your administration (Misc (tab) ->Edit Tables -> ContentCategories ) and add a new category for content category called "Information" or something else.

then assign that content you have to this new content category.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00