Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 EPOS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fredbuyer
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - December 07 2009 :  18:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I have a client that wants a shopping cart, but wants it to link in to their store's EPOS for stock control purposes.

Is there any way that VPasp can integrate with an EPOS system to share and feed product info and stock control.

Thanks

Scott

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - December 08 2009 :  03:38:31  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the EPOS system had a database which was accessible via its Remote Web Server Name without any Firewall Issues, or via its actual IP Address and it was also compatible with ASP 3.0 then it could be done by a skilled SQL Server and ASP 3.0 programmer for sure using either a real-time or a delayed batch update system or some sort of soap service. Could be tricky but could be done. But the caveat is that recently a major worldwide retailer had serious issues with setting up just such a system without properly addressing firewalls possible and security breaches and they got burned to the tune of $100 million or more USD. This soap service approach is used by some large vendors to handle their Credit Card Checkout Communication systems. That model could be emulated and implemented. But even the soap service might be left wide open if not done correctly and with proper 64-bit encryption of each transmission and each login validation. So use extreme caution. Caveat Emptor. This is not a trivial project to say the least. Contact me if you want more info and a demo of how this soap interface might look and work. We have one running right now in fact. The cart could check available inventory from the EPOS system if that is required then it would lock up a certain quantity for all items in the cart, pending sale from the shopping cart, complete the sale within the cart then turn the locked up inventory into an actual inventory reduction transaction and transmit emails or other messages as required to all parties.

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.
Go to Top of Page

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - December 08 2009 :  03:41:17  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Contact info is as follows: [email protected]
Sorry that I left it out above.

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - December 08 2009 :  07:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your client may be better off (i.e. cheaper) in changing their epos system to one that already has the ability which you seek. There are loads out there.

We looked at doing the same thing as you are after and it was going to be very expensive. So we decided to concentrate our efforts on the online business and leave bricks and mortar until a later date.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00