Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Bing AdCenter Cash Back and Google AdWords
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - November 07 2009 :  22:20:01  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have experience with both the new Bing Microsoft AdCenter and the Google AdWords. If so, could they share experiences on each one and point out the plusses or minuses?

I just signed up for Bing PPC and their sign-up process is much easier than the Google process by a longshot. Combining Google Checkout promos with the Bing Cash Back promos might help with the launch of a brand new site like mine. Bing allowed me to use 250 keywords so far without a complaint and they give you a keyword generation tool like Google AdWords as well.

It is not written anywhere but it seems that new accounts or small monthly budget accounts never get a shot at the Bing Cash Back Logo and the associated Promos? Does anyone have info to the contrary?

As a footnote to USA stores, the Google Check-Out is a royal pain to implement but it does have at least a couple major advantages:

1) There are no monthly fixed fees whatsoever, but they make it up
for themselves with perhaps 1/2 of a percent higher transaction fees.

2) They offer full blown AVN and Fraud Detection then guarantee you that they will cover the chargebacks if their AVN Fraud System would have cost you a chargeback, which makes it easier to ship right away
with confidence which is critical for my business model which is the use of Virtual Inventory, Drop Shipping and of course, inventory acquisition
only AFTER sale has been made and the credit card clears which is nice.

3) You get Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover right off the shelf with few questions asked. And the checkout process is very slick and well done using Ajax and it just smooth as silk very smooth.
You should not have many dumped carts with this approach.

4) For the first 60 days Google Checkout has you on a 2 week payout delays instead of the normal 2 day payouts which does not seem right.

More later...

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - November 07 2009 :  22:25:07  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forgot one other drawback issue with Google Checkout. I believe it is after the sale has been paid for that the customer is given a choice of clicking on the Return to Merchant via a hyperlink. Right
above that hyperlink is an input region to let them do another keyword search against ALL the other Google Checkout Merchants. Bummer!
I have to verify that this only happens AFTER the checkout. If that Search Box is live while they are just about ready to Check Out that could lead to customers abandoning your cart and doing one more price check or vendor check and then dumping your cart on the spot. Bad
news either way. More later on this...

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00