Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Constants in shop$colors.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - April 14 2008 :  10:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm currently going through our site tidying up and trying to make the site load quickly. Well I'm now looking at the constants in shop$colors.asp.

My thought is are they better there or better hardcoded in the individual pages.

Before anyone says it makes it easier to change, I am not worried about changing the elements, I am only interested in the speed of the site. If I hardcode everything it will be the first step to converting more over to css as I will be able to go through each aspect seperately.

My thought process is that is a page has to constantly go back to the shop$colors file to get a constant then this all adds to the loading time.

Any thoughts? Or even better any proof one way or the other?

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - April 14 2008 :  14:24:48  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By doing that, wouldn't it create a big headache for future security patches and upgrades?

Regards,
Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - April 14 2008 :  14:40:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,

It may do, however I have already removed many of the extra lines and unnecessary comments in many files. To get around the patch problem, I've created backups of all files and so any updates would first be applied to the back ups which I can then carry over to the actual working files.

If changing these constants gives a massive kick to the speed of our site, then I feel the trade off is worth it.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - April 14 2008 :  15:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to add, this is art of an experiment I'm running on SEO and don't worry everything is backed up.

Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00