Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Form Quantity Discount Table
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

richardsmith
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - October 25 2007 :  08:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you format the table shown for quantity discounts?

I am use discounts for products with different numbers bought I.E. 1-5, 6-10 11-25 etc.

I have added the [DISPLAY_QUANTITYDISCOUNTS] to the template and they show up fine with quantities along the left and prices along the right side of the table

But I would like to use a differnt format for them so that they have quantities along the top and price underneath.

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - October 25 2007 :  22:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will need to modify the sub routine Handle_Quantitydiscounts in shopfileio.asp.

Open the file using a text editor and locate this line :

(around line 1751)

response.write ReportDetailColumn & fieldvalue & ReportDetailcolumnEnd

Add the following code below :

response.write "</tr><tr>"

Go to Top of Page

richardsmith
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - October 26 2007 :  07:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks
That does change the layout but I think I did not explain exactly what I need.

I need a layout table something like:

Quantity 1-5 6-10 6-10
Price 15.12 10.00 8.95

(laid out better in a table)

Regards
RFS
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 26 2007 :  07:54:14  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we actually did this a while ago; we were going to package it up as an addon but never got round to it.

we did a load of template-fields where you could display the qty discounts in column or row format, showing the discounted-prices, savings, or a combination.

it was actually done 3 years ago, but the code's still valid, and shows things in exactly the format that you're after.

if you don't get any joy from the forum with free postings about it, then just give us a shout and we can bolt-in what we did before and see how it looks; if it works well and you're happy with it we could then (finally) package it up and sell it as an addon, with you just paying the off-the-shelf price of the addon.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - November 01 2007 :  01:53:23  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will buy one, cook it up please.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute of Higher Learning
[email protected]

425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

micrographics
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - March 28 2008 :  04:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've recently tried Quantity Discount for one product but it is not working so to check whether it is actually calculating discount, I want to display quantuity discount fr the item below the item itself. Please guide me where do I place the field mentioned in the user guide i.e. [DISPLAY_QUANTITYDISCOUNTS]

Regards

Rakesh
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 28 2008 :  10:55:24  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought I'd replied to this topic after we released our qty-addon, but it seems to have gone awol, so here's the link:

Quantity Discount Displays for VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=39

in answer to the question above, you'd put that template field into the tmp_product.htm page (your product detail page (same applies on our addon; you'd add the byz discount template field to the same file/place)

if you want to show it on product-summary pages then add it to tmp_productformat.htm as well.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

micrographics
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - March 28 2008 :  21:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Devssb

I placed [display_quantitydiscounts] into tmp_product.htm file but it is still not showing the discount table but it is calculating prices on the basis of quantity properly.

If I place same entry into tmp_productformat.htm then it throws error.

Can you mail me both the files from your end to test it.

Regards

Rakesh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00