Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Bulkedit Advanced mode
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Season
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - October 20 2007 :  22:50:23  Show Profile  Visit Season's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the bulkeditor advanced mode , Has anyone figured out how to move fields in these, I would like to bring cdescription up by cname. Do I need to go into the actual database and change its original position.

I would like to always see the same fields, instead of constantly changing them back to what I want. this is a pain.

Thanks for any help

Seasons

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 21 2007 :  08:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think this is dependant on the order they are in the back end DB.

Steve
www.temptationsdirect.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Season
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - October 22 2007 :  18:59:44  Show Profile  Visit Season's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if field order controls what is displayed and can it be changed by rearranging the database order. For some reason My cdescription is at the very bottom of the database "Products" this is in version 6.07

Any thoughts on this are appreciated
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 22 2007 :  20:00:27  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cdescription would always come last (along with extendeddesc) because of a sqlserver bug; they need to be last in the column-list otherwise sqlserver does weird things with cursors.
if you're on mysql or access then you can move them, otherwise they should stay as-is in the database column order.

see also our blog and corresponding help links etc which explain a bit about the sqlserver bug:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/blog/?p=11

basically, if fixed-field sizes go beyond 8k then it goes wrong, and if you put text (ie memo) fields other than last in the column list then it goes wrong, and another one is that if you reference text fields before (or after, I can't remember offhand) other columns in cursors then it goes wrong; all that only effects sqlserver though.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 22 2007 20:11:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000