Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 CODE: Customer login
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hakkatil
VP-CART New User

109 Posts

Posted - September 11 2002 :  18:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know a lot of people asked for this one. Once again VPASP allowed me to do this customization. I used VPASP' s files and changed some code. Basicly, this allows the existing customer to login then in the customer shipping and billing info page, customers information will display.

Post your feedback here. together we improve this code.
Next will be sending customers their appreciated page.

Please visit this site http://208.17.144.14/testsite/shopcarttemp/index.asp

and use test for lastname, [email protected] for e-mail.

HAKAN

andersahlen
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - February 05 2004 :  15:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We are interested in using your services, at an hourly rate.
Please get back to us, with fee and availability, if you are available to work on a project.

Sincerely,
Anders Ahlen
Creative Director
Digital Storm Communications
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - February 05 2004 :  16:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anders,

Hakan hasn't been around for months and months. But he did leave his test website up for us.

Jill

Go to Top of Page

BAdkins
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - February 05 2004 :  18:14:18  Show Profile  Visit BAdkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the point of his mods?

Is it the fact that it displays the username with a greeting and "signout/logoff", etc.

I've had this on my site for a while now. I modified the ASP to support a real logout. Out of the box, VPASP would never really let you log out. If you accepted the cookie in the beginning it would always leave you logged in, etc.

I implemented a fairly simply method to improve this. When you log-off, out delete the cookie. Thus, next time you come back, you will have to log-in, etc.

Have a look and feel free to register, but remember not to purchase anything - besides unless you are near our area, we would not be able to fill the order...:

http://www.daramengineers.com

-Barry Adkins

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 05 2004 :  19:02:57  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you want a completely logout, then create a hyperlink to shopend.asp?end=1 this will cause a session abandon and all session variables will be reset. This is a total logout.
If you just want to reset the detail of the customer and then use
shopcustadminlogin.asp?new=yes

Having cookies or not, also you can setup by admin pages
xcookielogin set to NO/YES....
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]

Edited by - siraj on February 05 2004 19:41:13
Go to Top of Page

BAdkins
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - February 06 2004 :  03:18:18  Show Profile  Visit BAdkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you want a completely logout, then create a hyperlink to shopend.asp?end=1 this will cause a session abandon and all session variables will be reset. This is a total logout.
If you just want to reset the detail of the customer and then use
shopcustadminlogin.asp?new=yes

Having cookies or not, also you can setup by admin pages
xcookielogin set to NO/YES....
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

Shopend.asp?end=1 will only log you out for that 1 session. If you have cookies set on, then when you come back to the site, you will be logged in. Give it a try, I think you will find I am right.

I understand that you can "having cookies or not." However, that is not what we wanted. What we wanted was the site to work like most other sites with customer login, etc.

You will see on our site, when you login, and leave that when you return you will be logged in again - if you choose to use a cookie. However, if you logout before you leave, then next time you come to the site you will not be logged in automatically.

We also show a "Welcome Back Yourname" depending on whether you are logged in, and we change the Sign In/Sign Out link depending on whether you are logged in or not.

-Barry

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - February 06 2004 :  10:41:14  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Badkins,
I see what you doing... cool. if dont mid to share the code.. could you please post it in the forum, I am sure there are lots of people will get benefit.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

Amanda
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - February 08 2004 :  01:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I would like to see the code myself

Go to Top of Page

web-keeper
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - February 23 2004 :  16:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have visited you test site http://208.17.144.14/testsite/shopcarttemp/index.asp

and I must say I like the look & feel.... Is this a difficult mod to apply....

Go to Top of Page

hakkatil
VP-CART New User

109 Posts

Posted - April 05 2004 :  09:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys. I know it has been long time since my last visit. But I had many things to take care of. SO I AM BACK.

Go to Top of Page

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - April 05 2004 :  16:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hakan,

Welcome back! A LOT of people have been asking about you!

Jill

Go to Top of Page

hakkatil
VP-CART New User

109 Posts

Posted - April 17 2004 :  12:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can find my first template and other templates on my new site.

if you have question, please use this form or email me.

Go to Top of Page

BAdkins
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  21:23:40  Show Profile  Visit BAdkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by siraj

Hi Badkins,
I see what you doing... cool. if dont mid to share the code.. could you please post it in the forum, I am sure there are lots of people will get benefit.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]

Okay, so I waited 2 years to give you the code. Here is "MY" code that just formats the "Welcome Back 'userFirstname UserLastname"
or it knows you were not previously logged in and offers a login, and does honor the "stay logged in cookie setting" which was not honored in VPASP 5.0.

To accomplish this I had to modify about 6 lines of VPASP code and add about 8 lines of code in all of the following files:

shopcustadminlogin.asp
shopsess.asp
shopcustomer.asp
shopcustomerform.asp
shoplogin.asp

I literally just commented out a line, added a couple of "if" conditions to a couple of lines, added an "ExpireCookie" subroutine that was just 1 line long, and added a few lines here and there.

Really this all ammounted to about changing or added not more than 12 lines of code total.

So while I've included "MY" code that shows how I use the modifications, I don't know how I can provide you all the mods to the VPASP files since it affects 5 files.

I don't know if they'll let me post the files, and also for all I know in 5.5 and 6.0 this all works like I coded it in 5.0.

My code follows... Cheers, Barry Adkins

<!--#include file="shop$db.asp"-->
<html>
<%
' and GetSess("Lastname")<>""
Response.Write "<p style=""margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 9.0pt; font-weight:100"">"
If GetSess("Login")<>"" then
Response.Write "Welcome back...<br>   "
Response.Write GetSess("Firstname") & " " & GetSess("Lastname") & "</p>"
Response.Write "<a style=""margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 9.0pt; font-weight:100"" href=""shopcustadminlogin.asp?new=yes"">Sign Out</a><br>"
else
Response.Write "<a style=""margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 10.0pt; font-weight:100"" href=""shopcustadminlogin.asp"">Sign In</a><br>"
Response.Write "<a style=""margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 10.0pt; font-weight:100"" href=""shopcustregister.asp"">Register</a><br>"
end if
Response.Write "<a style=""margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 10.0pt; font-weight:100"" href=""shopcustadmin.asp"">Customer Service</a><br>"
Response.Write "<a style=""margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 10.0pt; font-weight:100"" href=""shopcustadmincoupon.asp"">Coupons</a><br>"
Response.Write "<a style=""margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; font-family: arial, helvetica; font-size: 10.0pt; font-weight:100"" href=""shopgift.asp"">Gift Certificates</a><br>"
%>
</html>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00