Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 bypass shopcutomer.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gledav
VP-CART New User

Australia
66 Posts

Posted - September 25 2007 :  18:56:04  Show Profile  Visit gledav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any way a customer can bypass shopcustomer.asp when selecting ‘Add Address’ in shopaddtocart.asp? It is confusing to customers who have selected multiple items as gifts going to different destinations to then be presented with shopcustomer.asp asking for further shipping information. I still want the customer to be taken to shopcustomer.asp if the don’t select ‘Add Address’. Any help would be appreciated.

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - September 27 2007 :  08:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can hide the shipping form on your customer page, set xshippingform to No
Go to Top of Page

gledav
VP-CART New User

Australia
66 Posts

Posted - September 30 2007 :  19:36:52  Show Profile  Visit gledav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply Kidd. I tried this but it doesn't solve my fundamental problem which is I’m using the Fedex database, modified to allow shipping only within Australia based on postcode. My problem is that when a customer selects the ‘Add Address’ option in order to send an item as a gift the shipping cost is calculated based on the user’s postcode rather than the destination postcode. If you can tell me what I need to do to fix this I would appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - September 30 2007 :  22:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is exactly the same issue I am having and I think every one that runs a store that has different suppliers should be worried about the implication of this. I believe VPASP admin should seriously look into this as a possible bug in the system. I dont see any sense in customers being asked multiple times for shipping address (depending on the number of items in their cart).

I understand that this is used for delivering to multiple destination if customer wants that, but why ask them(customers) to complete the form again at checkout after adding multiple address per item, and then on the final checkout, they have to add shipping address again? This is just not right and could drive customers away!

Cam and the team- please investigate and help us understand the rationale behind this logic. Remember to also put on your "customer hat" while thinking through this just to see how fustrating thsi could be and how this can drive customers far away.

I will eagerly monitor this thrtead for response by the wonderful VPASP team.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 30 2007 :  23:04:15  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Goshen,

You can turn the shipping form off on shopcustomer.asp so the customer only enters their own details.

Basically the shipping addresses are for the recipients.

The shopcustomer page is then used for the billing address of the person who purchased.

If the shopcustomer page is bypassed then the order record will be corrupted as there will be no customer associated with that order.

The recipient is not the customer as they are not the one purchasing so the shopcustomer page is actually needed.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

gledav
VP-CART New User

Australia
66 Posts

Posted - October 01 2007 :  17:39:57  Show Profile  Visit gledav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam, Any clues on how I can get shipping to recognise the recipient’s postcode?
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - October 01 2007 :  18:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam - thanks for the prompt response. A couple of us have actually been discussing this offline. I appreciate your response but what I still dont get is this:

1) Why cant the system (vpasp cart) check whether the customer has entered a previous address for individual items prior to checkout(shopcustomer.asp) and if so, disable the checkout shipping form?

2) If the customer has not entered any shipping address because they chose the option to "deliver to them" then the shipping form is either still needed at checkout or the system automatically populate the shipping form to the customers address saved in the system if they are registerd and logged in. This is what happens when you purchase from online stores like amazon, barnes&nobles, etc.

Please do no treat this has antagonistic or criticism, I am like several others trying to make the app work well as intended and as user-friendly as possible.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 01 2007 :  18:13:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Goshen,

We would be happy to look at this for the next version as it sounds a good mod.

I am going to move this to the wishlist category so when are planning the next release we will take this thread into consideration.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00