Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 customer orders sequence numbering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 01 2007 :  03:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It's seems a little bizarre to me that you can just 'buy' commercially sensitive information about privately held companies.

It is not commercially sensitive as these are the accounts of the company. They are made available to ensure everything is above board and legal. Also to ensure shareholders (even if there is only 1 shareholder) are not conned.

If you go to http://www.companysearches.co.uk/countries/austrailia.html you can get more information about company law in Austrailia.

Steve
www.clixgalore.co.uk/AffSelectProgram.aspx?AdvProgID=7911
www.temptationsdirect.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Alex
VP-CART New User

50 Posts

Posted - October 01 2007 :  05:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankds Peter and Steve for sharing my view, this was what I actually thought to have - random or sort of controlled generation of order numbers. it can be done and will not be by VPASP.

hope that something comes up later

cheers
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - October 01 2007 :  20:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve2507
It is not commercially sensitive as these are the accounts of the company. They are made available to ensure everything is above board and legal. Also to ensure shareholders (even if there is only 1 shareholder) are not conned.

Ahh, fair enough. Looks like you can get a bit more than I thought, but after chatting to an accountant mate of mine, still doesn't look like you can get all that much of use, which I find reassuring, since a private company should be just that.

In Australia, you apparently aren't likely get a copy of the full accounts or even the full tax return. After all, we don't even need to lodge balance sheets or P&L, only some key data on the tax return. The best we can probably expect is that you get a fairly good idea of total turn over and profit position. This doesn't really help in my situation; with some diversified competitors, it's pretty meaningless without a breakdown.

Even if I was able to get the full accounts for a fee, I probably don't need that (although would be interesting for the sake of curiosity). What I have been doing is working pretty well, and I'm almost certain that one of my competitors has been doing the same back.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00