Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Guestbook and Forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - September 22 2007 :  03:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi,

Did no where to put this so I try it here.

Is there a Guestbook an Forum solution that is Spam-safe and will work with VP-ASP?

Thanks!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 23 2007 :  06:58:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

This forum is Snitz and we are very happy with it.

Not sure about a guest book though.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 23 2007 :  08:29:44  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we did a version of the snitz forum a while ago that integrates with vpasp, but it's quite an old version of snitz.
it depends mostly on the nature/content of your header/trailer files as to how you'd integrate it. if your headers/trailers only have html and don't reference vpasp stuff then you could quite easily "panel" the forum inside it, otherwise (ie if your headers/trailers have vpasp logic/content within them and you want to use the forum within those panels) then you'd need some kind of customisation similar to what we did before.
my advice would be to save yourself hassle/time/money, and just use a "forum" version of your header/trailers files which only use html and not asp, and then use those on the forum, but if you did want to wrap the forum inside dynamic vpasp logic then it's possible but would take some effort.
we ended up going for that simple html-only-header/trailer approach for things like our blog; it's not perfect but it does the job.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 23 2007 08:31:21
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - September 25 2007 :  15:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, thank you for the info

I'm also looking at the latest WebWiz forum as I used it once before. Not shure if I want to combine it with my shop, better is to have it separated.

For the guestbook I'm looking at the Minit Design Virtual Guestbook. This one would be easy to fit in the shop itself using a separate database.

Regards, Norman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00