Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Export to static HTML
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

duplo1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - September 21 2007 :  10:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know what tool VPASP is using to export the shop into HTML pages ??? I love this tool as it really helps search engines to pick up content.

I assume VPASP wrote their own application. If this is the case could someone help me with something similar available out there ?

Christoph

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 21 2007 :  12:06:50  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They did indeed write their own application that comes as standard with vpasp (ie the generate-html admin option) - it goes through all the data, and then using templates it physically writes out the files as it goes along. A bit similar to how normal product templates work but instead of spewing the output to the screen/browser it spews it out into files.

what you might be after is a more extensive version of it which generates "static" asp files, so that the content is still dynamic but the pages/folders are static; that way you get the best of both worlds. We've got that available off-the-shelf:

VPASP Search Engine Friendly Page Generator (or "asp generator" as it's more simply known) -
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=138

If you like static pages, then you might like our content-management addon, as it lets you generate "static" content pages by pressing a button on the contents admin screen; similar to the asp-generator in that the file is static but the contents is still dynamic:
VP-ASP Content Management Enhancements:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=125

(you could combine the 2 if you wanted, they're not mutually exclusive and you can layer our addons on that way, so you could have static content pages and static product/category pages, still all using dynamic data)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 21 2007 12:14:03
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000