Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Page numbers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DrApple
VP-CART New User

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - September 21 2007 :  03:56:10  Show Profile  Visit DrApple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Generally very happy with both feature and support but as you are asking -

Every customer I have built a store for so far as has complained to me about Next link on multipage searches. It goes to the next page group i.e. to page 10 instead of the next page. I have changed the wording to be clearer in the language. It makes sence to me as is but my customers can't seem to get their head around it.

I need an Auction system module.

Brand listings are hard to implement.

DrApple

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 21 2007 :  04:05:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it would be great if one of the developers out there put together an integrated Auction system.

I have used XcAuction in the past and tweaked both VPASP and XcAuction so they can work together to a degree but having a true integrated system would be brilliant.

With XcAuction I used the project payment system within VPASP to receive payments for successful auctions held within XcAuction. You can do this for Ebay as well for that matter but without making it look as streamlined.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 21 2007 :  06:38:51  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for brand listings we'll be releasing a simple/small/cheap addon soon for mfg/supplier poplists etc.

on the paging-front we'll also be releasing an addon for that, whereby the paging logic is more in line with the kind of paging that google uses; the idea is that having next/previous "sets" links isn't something that you should need to have; as long as the page number links "scroll" the page numbers nicely when you page-around (and you have first/last links) then you shouldn't really need a "set" link.

on that paging aspect, we considered all the different ways that paging could be done, and came up with the conclusion that "set" links are just too confusing and not really needed; better to use nicer scrolling instead, that way you also don't need to explain it with messages to the user as it's much more intuitive.

another plus point of the pending paging addon is that for the customer pages it'll hold the original search criteria inside the page links, so if you do 2 different searches (one on each tab/window) then you can still page between the results on each of them without them conflicting; also means your query doesn't "time-out" when you leave the window idle and then try paging later.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

daxmacrog
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - November 03 2007 :  14:43:16  Show Profile  Visit daxmacrog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is this solution available? The "next" link is misleading when there is only 1 set. I do like having the ability to jump to page numbers though, which I why I don't simply use the xproductpagingnextprevious setting.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 04 2007 :  07:54:50  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could possibly try opening shopdisplayproducts.asp and locating the following:

if getconfig("xproductpagingnextprevious")="Yes" then
PageNavBarNext SQL
else
PageNavBar SQL
end if

Change to:

'if getconfig("xproductpagingnextprevious")="Yes" then
PageNavBarNext SQL
'else
PageNavBar SQL
'end if

This will display both options on the page which may be a better solution.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 04 2007 :  14:06:53  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
our addon's pending release; I'm currently looking for a beta-tester, so if anyone would like to try it out then the first person who contacts me will get it installed for free and will be able to buy it restrospectively at a knocked-down price after it's in place and if they're happy with it.

the paging scrolling logic and products-per-page is currently being used here, so you can see how it looks:
http://www.onestopposters.com.au/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=13&cat=Art

just email me; I'll simply pick the first person who wants to be a beta tester, then once they're happy with it I'll release the addon for sale

for our supplier/manufacturer links/list, I've now released that:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=154
(I've called it "manufacturer tools" because I can see it growing into something bigger/better as time goes on)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on November 04 2007 14:12:27
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000