Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Customizing sslshopcheckout.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

innocenti
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - September 11 2007 :  19:00:11  Show Profile  Visit innocenti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We want to add text and graphics to the checkout page in our cart. For instance, we want to add text explaining how payments are handled for partial orders, links to our terms and conditions of sale, pictures of the location of CVV numbers on credit cards, etc. Where do we find instructions on how to do this? Thanks!

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - September 12 2007 :  01:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you will need to open sslshopcheckout.asp and edit the ASP code in there.

If you would like to add terms and conditions at the bottom of the page, you can open sslshopcheckout.asp and at your term and conditions to line 112, just under this code Response.write "</form>"

e.g :
Response.Write("<input class=""submitbtn"" type=""submit"" name=""action"" value=""" & LangCommonContinue & """ /><br />")
Response.write "</form>"
Response.write "Term and conditions etc etc"
Go to Top of Page

innocenti
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - September 12 2007 :  16:54:01  Show Profile  Visit innocenti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, I can try that, but how much control will I have over how the page looks? For example, we want to include images showing where CVV numbers are on credit cards, and we want to position them right next to the box where a customer would enter their payment info. Would we be able to do this?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 13 2007 :  10:11:00  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

If you are using version 650 to display a link next to the CVN field try this:

1. Open sslshopcheckout.asp
2. Locate the following line:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheets/shop.css" type="text/css">

Add on the line underneath:

<script language="javascript" src="vs350.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

3. Locate the following line:

Response.Write(tablerow & tablecolumn & langCheckoutCVN & tablecolumnend & "<td><input class=""txtfield"" size=""3"" name=""strOcardCVN"" value=" & Chr(34) & strOcardCVN & Chr(34) & " /></td></tr>")

Change to:

' Response.Write(tablerow & tablecolumn & langCheckoutCVN & tablecolumnend & "<td><input class=""txtfield"" size=""3"" name=""strOcardCVN"" value=" & Chr(34) & strOcardCVN & Chr(34) & " /></td></tr>")
Response.Write(tablerow & tablecolumn & langCheckoutCVN & tablecolumnend & "<td><input class=""txtfield"" size=""3"" name=""strOcardCVN"" value=" & Chr(34) & strOcardCVN & Chr(34) & " /> <a href=""JavaScript:openWindow('xplaincvn.htm')"">What's This?</a></td></tr>")

4. Move the following files to your SSL folder where your other files are located:

vs350.js
xplaincvn.htm
images/cv_mc_visa.gif
images/cv_amex_card.gif

5. To make the drop down options more in line with the other fields add the following class to the following sub:

Sub GenerateSelectNV (iFieldnames,currentvalue,selectname, count,firstfield)

Locate the following line:

<select size=1 name="<%=selectname%>">

Change to:

Sub GenerateSelectNV (iFieldnames,currentvalue,selectname, count,firstfield)

You can control the over all formatting of the page as well by making changes to the folliwng subs:

NewShopPageHeader
NewShopPageTrailer

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 13 2007 :  10:51:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I have been having a play with the layout of the sslshopcheckout page and have created a new version that is formatted a bit nicer.

If interested please feel free to post a ticket in our help desk and refer to this forum post and I will have it forwarded to you.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - September 23 2007 :  00:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is requesting via the helpdesk going to deduct from our available support point?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 23 2007 :  01:50:34  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Goshen

No, they wont be deducted. i will see if I can get the files added to the download page to make it easier to access.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jass
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - January 19 2009 :  18:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are these files still available for download as i could not find them
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic