Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 email on back in stock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - September 10 2007 :  19:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I came across this on another site ....does vpasp have this faciilty ? ... IE/ item shows out of stock but cusotmer can enter email address and when you put stock back into system it emails customer to let them now !

Sounds useful ?

anybody done it ? sharing ? selling

PAUL

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - September 14 2007 :  15:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VP-ASP doesn't have this facility but I think that it would be a very good addition to have. It would help with the confusion of partial and back ordering and would save our customers checking our site every couple of days to see if a product is back in stock. Perhaps the developers could consider this for a future upgrade because I would definitely use it.

Carrol,
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 14 2007 :  18:13:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is a great feature.

We have on our list to build an advanced stock control module which will offer a number of features. No set date as yet for it to be cmpleted but we will announce it here once it is done.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 17 2008 :  07:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any news on this being developed? We really would like to have this available on our site.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - December 18 2008 :  05:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mee too are interested in this facility

please let us know.
Go to Top of Page

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - December 24 2008 :  14:59:04  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I paid to have this custom added to our site, if anyone wants to take a look. I'm running VP-ASP 5.5
http://GrahamCrackers.com

Once an item is logged back in stock the customer is automatically sent an e-mail with a link to allow them to order easily.

It was well worth the money spent, and has paid for itself over the past few years of having it. Plus the customers REALLY like it as well.

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - December 27 2008 :  10:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smart site graham !

Could not find an out of stock item though ! to see how it works , i gues this is the type of thing howard kadetz could whip up in minutes !

I guess an EMAIL WHEN BACK IN STOCK BUTTON would really be a lot more preferable that having to take ranges off sale !

PAUL:
Go to Top of Page

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - December 29 2008 :  09:05:13  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paul -
Here's a couple:
http://www.grahamcrackers.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=105408

or

http://www.grahamcrackers.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=111222

Type Doctor Who Forgotten in the search box and you'll see how in stock items display differently than out of stock as well..

--John
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 24 2010 :  05:50:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know the new version 7 has this feature as part of its advanced stock control and we have considered upgrading but we feel that we would not take advantage of most of the new features and the cost doesn't warrant it for just this one addition that we would like.

I did write custom code for a notify when back in stock feature on our site but it is not fully automated and it's getting a bit unmanageable - up to 100 products on the customers' lists are due in next week which means an awful lot of emails. I had no idea that it would be so popular so...

...I was wondering if the wonderful support/developer people would consider releasing this as an add-on for v6.50?

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 09 2010 :  19:41:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol

If you have a system that is working already then I am not sure the 7.0 will do any better.

It is an interesting point you raise about the number of emails being generated.

Using VPASP to send out bulk emails is not the best use of the software realisatically as it is not really set up to handle bulk mailing.

I will have a chat with the team here about this as it does raise some possible problems with this feature for scenarios like yours. I could see this happening fairly regularly for some businesses as they may receive a container of stock in and all of a sudden as you say 100 products are updated and a lot of emails have to go out.

Sorry I cant help with what you actually asked for but thanks for high lighting a potential problem!

Thanks

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 10 2010 :  03:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

thanks for the reply. It's a pity that it may not be possible but I think I'm happy just to continue with the feature I created. The minor inconvenience of a few extra emails each week is worth the additional orders that we have received when customers were alerted as soon as something on their wants list was back in stock.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - January 19 2011 :  20:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't even know that a back in stock feature had been added to version 7, and I can't even find it in the admin.

Regards,

Mark
Fireworks
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - January 19 2011 :  20:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, i've found this in the documentation, another great feature added and not shouted about!

Anyway, I see that you need to be loged in to take advantage of this, I would like to see just a box with the ability to add an email address.

Regards,

Mark
Fireworks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00