Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 cross selling below cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jinesh
VP-CART New User

141 Posts

Posted - September 01 2007 :  00:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how can i display cross selling products under shopcart

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 03 2007 :  08:34:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

You can enable cross selling by enabling "xcrossselling" to "Yes" on your shop configuration. You will then need to add products to cross-sell on the edit products page. The products will then be displayed in the extended description pages.

Regards,
Frank

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 03 2007 :  10:45:34  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think jinesh was after a display on the view-cart page rather than only the product pages (ie like also-bought does, but for all products in the mini-cart not only for what's just been added).

as far as I know it's not possible to do that by default, and would need customisation.

But, all is not lost as I've now released the new version of our enhanced-cross-selling addon which now has the cross-sold list available related to the mini-cart contents:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=101

Another possible alternative use for that would be that you could use the mini-cart cross-sold listing in your side panels as a list of suggestions (ie like top-sellers)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 03 2007 19:34:44
Go to Top of Page

jinesh
VP-CART New User

141 Posts

Posted - September 04 2007 :  01:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my problem was wat simon told
Go to Top of Page

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - September 06 2007 :  11:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible for the addon to display a specific product such as membership. Simon see http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item03123.html - click add to cart and take a look at the membership offer, you can add this to your cart. This offer is standard in all carts.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 06 2007 :  13:08:20  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
as far as I know that's not possible with default vpasp.

it's possible to do that with our addon, but you'd need to stamp the membership product codes onto the cross-selling field of the products that you want to sell it with.

our addon takes account of what's already in the cart when it displays the list on the view-cart page, so it won't display cross-sold items that are already in the cart.

so, technically our addon's capable of doing it, the only drawback is that you need to stamp the membership product as cross-sold on all your other relevant products.

Although the addon's technically capable of doing what you're after without having to customise the addon itself, I do like the idea of having an additional config option where you can list products for "always cross-sell these in the mini-cart if they're not already in there" so that when you have totally globally cross-sold products you don't need to stamp them onto every single product (which in turn could be used on the mini-cart, or on the product page's cross-sold list)

If anyone else has got any suggestions/thoughts on cross-selling generally, then do let us know. This is one of the reasons why dedicated addons are a good idea (in my somewhat biased opinion!) for some things, because a relatively simple dedicated addon can be changed really quickly/easily and is very flexible and open to feedback, whereas to add the 100's of requests that people ask for to the entire cart (ie upgrade vpasp itself to cater for all the requests that people make) is obviously a longer process and sometimes things wouldn't work their way through to completion because of other more pressing issues.

Anyway; I think I'll add that as an extra option to the cross-selling addon. There are loads of examples where this would be useful (eg on our own site we could cross-sell our installation service with all our addons without having to stamp the service onto every product).

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 06 2007 :  13:59:44  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh, there is another aspect that I thought about, which I think I'll add to our addon while I'm doing the above, which is....
on the product pages' cross-sold list to make it so that it doesn't list cross-sold items that are already in the mini-cart; that should be optional though, so I think I'd create an additional template field, ie:

[BYZ_CRS_CROSS_SELLING catalogid]

is the current call for the product page cross-selling display

I'd create an addition template field, say:
[BYZ_CRS_CROSS_SELLING_EXCLUDECART catalogid]
which would exclude products that are already in the mini-cart, then people can use either.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - September 23 2007 :  00:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any update on this additions?
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 23 2007 :  05:17:43  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's almost there; I've added a "[BYZ_CRS_CROSS_SELLING_EXCLUDECART catalogid]" field/function, but I haven't released that version yet.

our "live update" system is going to be released this weekend (I'm about half way through releasing it at the moment; our "live-update" aspects will "appear" in one big shot rather than bit-by-bit), and there'll be a flurry of new products/versions along with that and immediately following its release over the next few days.

the "live-update" system isn't perfect and might not have absolutely everything that we'd like in it, but it's fantastically useful/beneficial and a massive improvement to what we've got at the moment, so we're biting the bullet and just going for it this weekend.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 23 2007 :  05:22:44  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've also almost finished the "always cross-sell these items..." options too; I'll be releasing that at the same time as the "don't show cross-sold items that are already in the cart" options.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)