Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 IP block feature
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aslook3000
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - August 26 2007 :  20:06:32  Show Profile  Visit aslook3000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For ASP script.
It is easy to work out.
I found many ASP code to block certain IP or a country Ip(a little complex) to visit your site.
why not add this feature to VP-asp

aslook3000
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - August 26 2007 :  20:10:40  Show Profile  Visit aslook3000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The following is the code to block certain IP
<%
'declare variables
Dim sIP
Dim sIParray(2)
'assign our blocked IP addresses to our array
sIParray(0) = "61.254.32.22"
sIParray(1) = "62.454.32.25"
sIParray(2) = "62.254.32.17"
'retrieve the visitors IP address
sIP = Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

'loop through the banned IPs using the UBound function
For i = 0 to UBound(sIParray)
'check if IP address matches any of the blocked IPs
If sIP = sIParray(i) Then
Response.Redirect "no_access.asp"
End If
Next
%>
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - August 28 2007 :  20:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like useful code !
where would you insert that into ?

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - August 28 2007 :  20:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i reckon your default page, or if you want on all page. usually people whos not familiar with vpasp will not know the pages name anyway and the first page they go to is the default page
Go to Top of Page

aslook3000
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - September 01 2007 :  09:29:06  Show Profile  Visit aslook3000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope the next release will have the feature.
in fact I have a much more complex code that can block some coutry or area.
it will avoid some high rish area or something else
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - September 02 2007 :  08:59:01  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Question / Suggestion since I am not an expert on this. So I would like to hear feedback if the below method is not wise.

How about just using your .HTACCESS file to block unwanted IP's from your entire site in one simple step?

Is very easy, I got a list from IP2Location so I know the IP for countries. And a short version of the .HTACCESS file looks like this:

<Limit GET>
order deny,allow
deny from 58.225
deny from 59
deny from 61.139
deny from 61.152
deny from 62.7.244
deny from .ua
deny from .uz
</Limit>

Regards,
Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 20 2007 :  19:56:46  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; there are lots of different ways of stopping certain ips/countries from accessing the site or placing orders; vpasp do have an iptocountry addon which can be used to flag orders as suspicious if the ip country doesn't match the vpasp country.

I'm glad you mentioned the ip2location.com thing, because by weird coincidence someone contacted us about that a week or so ago, saying that they wanted to use the ip2location.com ip/country data in their vpasp site to make sure that the countries match etc (the idea being that ip2location.com's data is constantly maintained and is huge and very reliable), so we've built a pretty big interface/addon for that aspect that we'll be releasing soon.

as an example, the vpasp iptocountry addon has around 40,000 records in it, whereas the ip2location.com one has around 90,000 and is in a constant state of being updated; you basically subscribe to them and then download their data as/when it changes.

the addon will do an import from the csv file that you'd download from their site, to your vpasp site's ipcountry table, and has all the corresponding functions within it to grab the ip address, find the corresponding country, cross-check that against the vpasp country (taking into account mapping rules for different country codes etc) etc etc.

I've just tried the interface on a sqlserver vpasp site, and despite having well over 90,000 records in the ipcountry table it still finds the country for the user's ip address without any delay at all.

It also takes account of proxy detection so when a hacker uses a proxy to try and fool the site into thinking they come from somewhere else it'll still find the true place that they're in/from (assuming proxy detection is enabled on the server, which it really should be as far as I know)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 20 2007 19:58:34
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 20 2007 :  20:13:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our Fraud Alert system is almost everything a merchant could need to stop fraudulent orders getting past your guard.

We developed the system for use in-house in response to the large number of fraudulent orders we receive as a result of providing downloadable software.

It can pick to almost 99% accuracy the likelihood of an order being fraudulent. It has saved us tens of thousands of dollars both in lost orders but also in the time spent verifying orders.

At the click of a button you can obtain a summary of the order and a fraud score.
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/fraudcheck.htm

We have a lot of customers using this now and it is one of their best tools in their online arsenal.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00