Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Bulk Import Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - August 23 2007 :  07:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Im trying to bulk import from a csv file and get this error:

Provider error '80020005'

Type mismatch.

/SHOP/shopa_import.asp, line 545

I do not know why its doing this. Im exporting from quickbooks into a csv. Change the field names to the cart field names and use ccode to upload. Then it import and upadate the first half of the products but right after i get this error which i can't figure out. What do you think it is?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 23 2007 :  08:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This error usually occurs if you are trying to put text (letters or symbols) into a field in the database which is set only for Number values (your stock fields etc) or Currency values (your price fields etc.)

The best thing to do is find out which product your update stops at (you say it only updates half the products) and look closely at each of the entries in the fields of the *.csv file you're importing.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - August 23 2007 :  08:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SOunds like a plan. Yea what ive done is made QBES 7.0 look like vpasp this way when i export i only have to modify certain fields to match. Then i import to update the inventory stock levels and pricing. THis just stumped me. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - August 23 2007 :  11:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Extreme,
You might want to check out this free mod from Big Yellow Zone.
It lets you load tab delimited text files into VP-ASP. I've never had a problem since I implemented this.

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=442

BYZ also makes some really nice add-on software for VP-ASP, and their prices are really great.

Thanks
Jack

www.dredgeharbor.com

Edited by - jayceew on August 23 2007 11:05:42
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - August 25 2007 :  02:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second the suggestion, get the BYZ "tab" addon, it solves many problems regarding goofy characters that the real world uses but Microsoft doesn't.
Go to Top of Page

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - August 27 2007 :  08:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres the problem with that mod, quickbooks exports in either csv or workbook (xls). Unless i can export in Tab I will consider or does the Byz mod do this automatically? Or what do i have to do to make my qbes export tab ready for importing into vpasp?
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 27 2007 :  09:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could save the exported workbook(.xls) file as a Text(TAB delimited) (*.txt) file if you really want to upload Tab files into VP-ASP.

The BYZ add on seems like a good idea for imports of data which include anything more than just stock levels and prices.

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - August 27 2007 :  14:31:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok it worked. I didnt' do that BYZ mod but saving the workbook as TAB delimited worked. So now im happy. Thanks everyone.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00