Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Developing In VPASP with Dreamweaver
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - August 22 2007 :  15:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I am wondering how to develop my VPASP site offline in dreamweaver ?
Are you guys using iis and running local server with a access database ?

Basically i want to know how to this so i can see my complete site on a local machine.

AftrBrnr
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - August 22 2007 :  22:15:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use DW w/ VP, but ony as a convenient way to organize & publish - and it's got a great text editor. VP's not really written for DW compatability. It's a bit more complex than DW's capable of handling at this point.

If you don't happen to have a web server laying around (some of us do, some don't) PWS will work fine.

I don't recommend using your production server to test things out if you're planning any customization. Your ISP / customers / etc... will be very unhappy if you forget to close a loop
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 23 2007 :  00:52:48  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

The way we develop for example is to use Dreamweaver to modify the pages and view the pages through the PWS http://localhost/shop link.

Dreamweavers site search tool is worth it for that alone.

Thanks
Cam
Go to Top of Page

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - August 23 2007 :  19:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on a intel mac that i am hoping i can develop on without rebooting to bootcamp (fingers crossed)
Go to Top of Page

AftrBrnr
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - August 24 2007 :  07:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dunpeal

I am working on a intel mac that i am hoping i can develop on without rebooting to bootcamp (fingers crossed)

We have a guy here who uses / loves Parallels. That would address the problem. -Not sure if it's an option for you, but figured I'd at least mention it.

Another thought would be to do what I do - I have two machines: my workstation and a staging / testing server. The staging server can be something as small / cheap as a P500 with Windows 2000 running PWS.

If you're going to be doing much ASP work in a Mac infested environment either of these will make your life easier.

Note: I'm joking about the Mac infestation; it's a really good OS. It's just that I'm the only PC user in a nearly all-Mac office

AftrBrnr

Edited by - AftrBrnr on August 24 2007 08:42:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00