Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Horizontal Navigation Bar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - August 11 2007 :  01:24:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I attempted to change the Navigation Bar with the following result when I clicked on an existing menu item to edit it came up in the window and I changed the menu name and the url for the page to link to and then pressed the submit button this gave me the following error:

/shopping/shopa_navigation_create.asp, line 314

Line 314

set recordobj= fsobj.createtextfile(server.mappath(filepath),true,false)

Is it me or is this package full of bugs that the supplier wants you to use up your supports points on and then to purchase further support points. Every time I try to change the simplest of things i.e horizontal nav bar, front page look, background colors, the way products are presented. I have read the manual several times now and it is still not very clear.
Anyway the question is can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong with this particular problem I have with the Nav Bar setting..

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 11 2007 :  09:38:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Is that actual error message or just the line it refers to? What was the error message if not?

Do you have read/write permissions applied to the Editor folder as per the QuickStart Guide?

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jhoiland
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - January 28 2009 :  15:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rmgolf

I attempted to change the Navigation Bar with the following result when I clicked on an existing menu item to edit it came up in the window and I changed the menu name and the url for the page to link to and then pressed the submit button this gave me the following error:

/shopping/shopa_navigation_create.asp, line 314

Line 314

set recordobj= fsobj.createtextfile(server.mappath(filepath),true,false)

Is it me or is this package full of bugs that the supplier wants you to use up your supports points on and then to purchase further support points. Every time I try to change the simplest of things i.e horizontal nav bar, front page look, background colors, the way products are presented. I have read the manual several times now and it is still not very clear.
Anyway the question is can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong with this particular problem I have with the Nav Bar setting..

Just had this myself on a (ugh i know) godaddy account. Since this file rewrites the htm files in the editor directory you must have READ and WRITE permissions there.

Then it works fine.

JH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00