Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Product Features
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  00:37:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just starting to re-build my website using VPASP 6.5 and have manage to work out how to add product features. When viewed they display with the respective product, but they don't display in the order they were entered into the database they revert to a numerical order, how can I get them to display in the order I entered them in the database.

Regards

RMGolf

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  02:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
In the admin panel go to Setup - Products and find xsortproducts. Change the field to cdateadded. This will sort the products and display them in chronological order.

Hope this helps,
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  03:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carol I am not trying to sort the products I am trying to sort the product features ie I have golf club drivers and they have several lofts which I have in checkboxes these start with 9.5, 10.5, 11, 14 but when they display in the product window they change around so the 9.5 it at the bottom of the checkboxes.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  03:03:19  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

When entering the features in the product record try entering the feature numbers in the order you wish them to display on the product display page.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  03:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
That is not the problem the problem is when I am creating the feature list I enter each feature for that product in the order I want them to appear when viewed with the product, so I am not trying to display several features on screen in a particular order I am trying to view one feature list in the order I compiled it in the feature list, ie 9.5, 10.5, 11.5, 14 this reverts to 10.5, 11.5, 14, 9.5 when viewed in product page, so I need a solution to sorting the individual feature lists
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 06 2007 :  04:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

in the Cart Setup perhaps if you remove the sort order in xfeaturesort (the default is featurename) you should get the list of features in the order they appear in your productfeatures table.

Regards,
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - August 07 2007 :  00:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol
Thanks for that it didn't quite get it right it put the numbers in the reverse order, but this helped me to resolve the problem I used Featureother1 and then label each product feature alpha ie A,B,C,D and then sorted on that data which has done the trick.

Many thanks for your help it is encouraging that there are people in the Forum who can help as I am finding it a bit daunting at the moment trying to find my way the system, a forum like this keeps you going.

Regards

Bob
Go to Top of Page

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - July 31 2009 :  11:43:00  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a quick message to thank Bob for the resolution below regarding the sorting of features. I've been scratching my head on this for sometime. Thanks!

STANDOUT Promotional Products
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
www.standoutcanada.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00