Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 changing the site contact us email???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matt@letraset
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - July 24 2007 :  07:32:15  Show Profile  Visit matt@letraset's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there, we've got our site live and running on VPASP6.5

Our contact us form - http://www.letraset.com/design/shopcustcontact.asp - is writing to the merchant email address. I've gone through the user manual and set-up configuration, I can't see anywhere where you can add where you want contact us emails sent???

all I want to do is change the contact us emails so they can be sent to a particular person? have I missed something?

Thanks for your help,
Matt

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 24 2007 :  07:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Matt,
The Contact Us e-mail is set up to be sent to the same merchant details as the orders are. However you could open up shopcustcontact.asp and manually change the details. Approx line 132 find Sub SendMailToMerchant (isubject) and find the lines that read:
my_toaddress=getconfig("xemail")
my_to=getconfig("xemailname")

Change my_toaddress=getconfig("xemail") to my_toaddress="[email protected]"
Change my_to=getconfig("xemailname") to my_to="Whatever company or person"

Please make a copy of your file before making any changes.

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

matt@letraset
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - July 24 2007 :  08:34:36  Show Profile  Visit matt@letraset's Homepage  Reply with Quote
to. the. max. :)

GREAT!! thanks, works a dream. Done and dusted.

Matt
Go to Top of Page

ahmcaus
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - August 18 2007 :  18:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would be useful if the data fields in the "Company Information" could be made available as configuration variables. This change could then be made using the variable that identifies the "Email" field of the company details, rather than explicitly hard-coding the new email address.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 18 2007 :  23:03:35  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can add new variables to the Set-Up as an alternative option so maybe add a new field called something like "xemailto" and update the relevant sub routine.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00