Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding Features to Products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shiraz
Starting Member

Pakistan
13 Posts

Posted - July 23 2007 :  07:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

We are going to purchase VPASP software today but we need the following questions to be addressed below. we are selling products like T shirts (White) and want to give user the ability to select a logo, monogram for their product which they will buy.

I know it can be done using adding features options in VPASP admin but after selecting the option, can we visually show the user that the selected moogram and logo is applied on his shirt.

1. Can we offer several logo choices for each shirt and display them so the customer can see them to choose?

2. Can we offer monogramming to be added to shirt?

3. Can we sell and redeem gift certificates?

Please advise ASAP

Cheers ==)

Sakk

Shiraz Ali Khan

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 23 2007 :  18:34:57  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Shiraz,

Although a couple of your requirements are not supported "out of the box", so to speak, we would be happy to review your requirements to see how we could assist in ensuring VP-ASP is the ideal solution for your business needs and if suitable provide an obligation free quote.

1. The built-in "out of the box" function currently will let you to have an image showing next to each feature options, all you need to do is to setup an image file for each feature option through the admin site.

2. You can allow customers to input data by using Text Input as the feature type when you create the feature on admin site. This will place a text field on the product page allowing the customer to insert any custom text that they may want to use for their monogram

3. VP-ASP certainly have a sell and redeem gift certificates function, the VP-ASP Plus and Deluxe Pac both support that functionality. This feature enables customers to buy and redeem gift certificates in your store. A gift certificate is paid for like any other product in your shop and the person receiving the gift certificate can then use it to purchase any item in your shop. The certificate essentially acts as a discount up to the value remaining on the certificate.

Unfortunately to have the product image dynamically change according to the user selection and have the monogram reflects on it would need a customization of the code.

Billy
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

mleselrod
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - July 25 2007 :  12:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem. I sell 120 designs and each design can be on around 10 different types of shirts.

I set my shop up so the customer choose the design first. Then I made each shirt type and size a feature choice.

So after choosing a design they get 5 or so drop downs. Men's T-Shirt, Women's T-Shirt, Kids T-Shirt etc... They choose the size from it.

I only let them choose one dropdown. That took some custom coding. Also, I show a small picture of each shirt type on the page so they know what they get from each dropdown.

I currently don't put the image on the actual shirt.

I'm customizing it further now to make it more user friendly so the product page let's the user select the shirt style with a radio button, and then based on the selection they get the size/color choices for that shirt and see a large picture of it. This took a lot more custom coding.

VPASP is good for this type of shop because nothing seemed ready to handle this design/t-shirt type shop out of the box. Updating VPASP for it wasn't that hard.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00