Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP set-up problems
 Error Message - Can someone help?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CJM
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - July 19 2007 :  19:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am following the QuickStart Guide and when I click Enter your VP-ASP Shopping Cart I get the below message.

Can someone help shed some light on the problem?
I working locally with XP and Access.

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/shopping/shopheaders.asp, line 1382

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
GET /shopping/default.asp

dafragan
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - July 20 2007 :  00:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

This sounds like you either don't have the scripting.dictionary installed or something has gone wrong with your installation.

You can download the scripting files from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Or it might just be that you need to re-register the DLL. You can do this by pressing Windows key + R to open the Run prompt and entering something like the following -

regsvr32 C:/windows/system32/scrrun.dll

(Your windows path might be different, so you might have to change the above to match your setup)

sebby
Go to Top of Page

portion
VP-CART New User

86 Posts

Posted - July 20 2007 :  06:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have also seen this happen when running on localhost and not having proper permissions on certain registry entries.

This worked for me:
-----
Quote from above link:
Then (use this part at your own risk) you must give the IUSR account read permissions to the Local Key Classes in the Windows Registry.
------

Please note, this was localhost, and I would suggest more research if you plan to do something like this on a production server. I am not sure this would be the best idea for a publically accessible server.

Edited by - portion on July 20 2007 06:44:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00