Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 xproductselect
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pappy
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - July 12 2007 :  11:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If xproductselect = yes it adds a checkbox on the shopdisplayproducts.asp page

allowing you to select multiple products on the same page.

Question:
How do I add text next to the checkbox, letting people know what it is for?

Thanks,
Pappy

pappy
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - July 12 2007 :  16:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please help... client wants to go online today.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 13 2007 :  19:46:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Pappy

To make it easier for people to help out it is often helpful with design and layout queries to create a screenshot of exactly what you are trying to do and also one of what it looks like now so we can see what you are trying to achieve. Then just post the links to the images in your post so we can see them.

If no one is able to help you can post a query in our help desk at:
https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

pappy
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - July 15 2007 :  13:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking for answers not tips...

If you need a picture to know what I'm talking about, then I need someone else's help.

The time it took to give the "tip" you could/should have answered the question...

I'm beginning to think the lack of solid documentation for this app is intentional.
It obviously is bad or aother company, because of demand, would not have taken the time to produce a manual.

Guessing the tip was to make me buy the better manual...
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - July 15 2007 :  15:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! You too lazy to look up stuff you self or even ask clearly then I too lazy to want to help.

The help guide is much good enough if you bother to look.

Look for template info in it and maybe you find what you want.

And then you rude to people who try to help. Sheesh. Cam is lazy. He should have read your mind, logged in to your site and make changes for you. Bad Cam.

S.
Go to Top of Page

pappy
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - July 15 2007 :  17:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lazy.... I spent 2 hours pouring through the documentation and code....

There is only one reference to: xproductselect

Xproductselect Yes = many at a time
No = one at a time

You would think the admin could say... xxx.asp - line XXX is where it's at...

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 15 2007 :  17:33:51  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a very handy link, seeing as windows text-search has always been dangerously misleading/wrong (all versions from the year dot to vista's latest dismal effort; it's always been broken)

How can I search for a text string reliably across all my files?
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=220

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

pappy
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  06:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another commercial....

Always assuming people use PC. I'm a Mac user.

Use your search product and tell me where it's located in the code...
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  07:35:41  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pappy,

Simon was also just trying to help.

If you want people to assist you do need to provide as much info as possible as to what you want to do.

If you use Dreamweaver then the Site Search facility is a great tool for both PC and MAC users.

For example, to hunt up the piece of code you want I inserted xproductselect in the search field and searched the entire folder VPASP is installed into.

From this I found a variable called ProductSelect in shopdisplayproducts.asp. As it doesn't look like what you need was in there I then searched on just ProductSelect to see what came up.

This displayed a number of results and I found a new term to search on which was AddSelect.

The results for this showed the following sub routine:

Sub AddSelect

In this sub you will find where to add whatever text you want.

If you have other queries you do not get any help here with you or my answer still doesn't help can always post them in our help desk for the support team to look into.

Cam
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  08:24:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why don't you just add text similar to "Check box to order" to the template tmp_productformat.htm, after [FORMATCUSTOMERPRICE cprice]

If you really want to mess with the code try lines 171-176 of shopdisplayproducts.asp and there are also references to the formatting in shopproductformat.asp

A bit more courtesy in the forum in future would help us provide you with more positive replies.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  09:39:48  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
pappy; it wasn't "our" search product; if you'd read the url then you'd have seen that we have no links at all to the people who sell that, and the url is just a help topic which explains the problems on windows text searches, besides which it's free anyway

my psychic abilities are sadly lacking, so I wasn't aware that you weren't using windows

remember that this is a customer forum rather than a support area, so it's just customers who are helping each other out for free and as a goodwill gesture, hence the more friendly a question/reply is, the more chance you'd have of getting the answer directly.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

pappy
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  19:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a web developer and a reasonable person.

The initial responses about showing screen shots and all that are absurd and infuriating. If you don't have any idea about the question, move on to another forum and don't waste my time. I'm trying to work here.

Support says they don't use the forums, yet they maintain them(sort of) and answer questions when it suits.

If they want to help, they should delete half the crap on the forums. Most is outdated, irrelevant, and does nothing other make people have to sift through pages of search results for nothing. All because Rocksalt can not write, or will not hire someone who can write, technical docs.

I changed the layout of the product page, so the question is mute.
You know what my question is/was.
If any of you can rephrase or explain it better, let's hear it.
Sorry... no pictures allowed.

Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  20:27:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't come across as reasonable in this thread.

I am not a developer, and I think that even I can see the solution to your issue presented in the the above replies. Specifically, Cam's second reply gives you the exact steps to find what you were after.

Re-wording your question would be a waste of time, as (a) you no longer need the response and (b) it has already been answered in this thread.
Go to Top of Page

pappy
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  21:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter, glad you can see the obvious, a trait that will take you far. Glad you have the time to waste replying to my comments. Impress me... rephrase the question when you have more free time, as I'm sure you can do better.

It took 3 days, from his "tip" and 4 days from the date of my question, for Cam to actually help. Why wait that long, why bother. To show they know their product?

Originally giving me a stock reply instead of an answer really pissed me off and set the tone for this whole thread.

Carfin tried.. but it is a work around. Not the solution.
I can give you 3 other work arounds.

Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  23:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry that I got involved and frustrated you more.

I have found the customer forum to be very helpful in the past, but never expect someone else to solve my exact problem straight away. I am grateful when other people are able to help, but wouldn't expect them to react well if I was to jump up and down, demanding help immediately.

Good luck to you and your client.
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - July 16 2007 :  23:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can always use the helpdesk if you want a fast accurate answer. they usually reply to me within 24 hrs. this is a public forum where people try to help other people not a dedicated support forum
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00