Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 IIS 6 Application Pool settings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markdc
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - July 12 2007 :  07:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've read in various posts in the forum that the ideal setup for VP-ASP is in its own application pool. I have set up a VP-ASP 6.0 based site on a Virtual Private Server (VPS), so have been able to do this, but wondered if anyone had any recommendations for the settings that the application pool should have.

There are four tabs in the Application Pool properties dialog box: Recycling, Performance, Health and Identity. Any advice on what values to use on what settings to tick would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mark Lloyd

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - July 13 2007 :  18:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope support responds on this. I would like to know what the exact settings need to be as well, so I could forward these to my ISP.

My Alentus.com host is expert on this, I have no problems. But, my other site/host are not as expert, and I still need to monitor my site daily and reset language at least once per day. Emailing them the exact settings would be very helpful (I hope).

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 18 2007 :  19:10:42  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

Generally, issues with customers experiencing timeouts and losing their sessions are due to one of the following -

1. Having your site running in a "Web garden" setup where your site is shared between multiple processes/servers

2. Being assigned to an application pool that has too many sites assigned to it causing each site to be intermittently recycled.

We recommend that you that you are assigned you to your own application pool that has recycling disabled and the recycler process set to recycle your site only once at a set time during the day.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

mrprufrock
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - October 06 2009 :  13:44:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is the standard procedure for setting up multiple VPASP sites (4.x - 6.x) on IIS 6 to give each one its own application pool and then disable recycling on each pool except the manual recycle at some off hour time?

Regards!

Edited by - mrprufrock on October 06 2009 13:48:58
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 06 2009 :  17:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrprufrock

So is the standard procedure for setting up multiple VPASP sites (4.x - 6.x) on IIS 6 to give each one its own application pool and then disable recycling on each pool except the manual recycle at some off hour time?

Regards!

Yes

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.

Edited by - Steve2507 on October 06 2009 17:16:48
Go to Top of Page

mrprufrock
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - October 06 2009 :  18:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve, are there any other considerations with IIS6 for performance or compatibility?

And this isn't a YES/NO question. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 07 2009 :  12:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We simply set different app pools on our server and then attached each site to a different pool with the recycling done as per supports suggestion.

That was it, after that we have never had any problems with performance or compatibility.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00