Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 update points when processed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - July 01 2007 :  10:17:55  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a snippet of code that will update the points total for a customer once their order is processed? It is a nuisance to have to do this by hand for each order.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - July 01 2007 :  12:50:10  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you running cards manually? We do. I totally turned the points off because there is no way to "automate" the points without being able to stop customers from redeeming points even if their orders haven't been paid for yet. I had made a suggestion to add a "Points Pending" column that would automatically add the points to the point total when the order was processed or remove them if the order was marked failed. I have no idea if it was even considered, but it would be great if someone has a way to do this.
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - July 08 2007 :  23:25:59  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our cards are processed automatically, although we have noticed that there is no way to stop someone from purchasing a gift certificate with a check, then spending the gift certificate without sending a check. Well, we could refuse to ship the order under the points are paid for, (and we would), but it is still awkward.

Still, entering points from an order by hand is tedious. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - July 08 2007 :  23:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why not set xgiftautoenable to No?

Thanx
S.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic