Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Email issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - June 18 2007 :  12:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's one for all you server boffins out there.

The email receipts for our vp sites are not being sent from the server.

We thought at first it was just our newsletter (we use a package called SendStudio for this) but we have found out that receipts from VP are not getting through either.

I'll give you a run down of what I have done so far-

1-Checked our ip is not black listed (it isn't).

2-Tried sending using different from adresses - didn't work.

3-Changed domain name completely - didn't work.

4-I have been able to send the newsletter from my outlook using our broadband supplier, thereby bypassing our dedicated server (and the email gets through) - WORKED.

So, if I can send an email to an email address that is blocking it from our server, then there must be a problem at the server. Or am I being a bit naive?

Our host wont help us.

The smtp client is MailEnable.

Our host is saying "it can't be us as the one email I sent worked". However out of 23000 newsletter emails only 3500 got through and out of the last 50 orders only 4 have got through.

If you have any ideas at all, they would be gratefully received, (apart from change host as I am looking for a new host tonight but would you really want to change everything).

Steve
www.clixgalore.co.uk/AffSelectProgram.aspx?AdvProgID=7911
www.temptationsdirect.co.uk

PS Forgot to mention, I have used diag_dbtest and it sends the emails to some accounts but not others.

Edited by - Steve2507 on June 18 2007 12:42:17

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - June 18 2007 :  21:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve,

Ensure that you have email authorisation set up for VPASP, and we also had some issues with MAILENABLE, make sure your mailenable is upto date.

If your still looking for a new host after that, drop me a line. We run a Single Windows Server with just 4 VPASP accounts on it and between us we share the server costs.

Regards,

Mark
Retail Fireworks
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - June 19 2007 :  03:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately we have a lot of other software and sites on our server, so sharing it probably wouldn't be the best for you guys, but thanks for the offer.

Our host is not even willing to look at there being a problem with the server, even though the guys at MailEnable themselves have said it is probably a configuration problem on the server.

An even bigger problem is that we sell adult toys and most UK hosts wont accept us.

So it looks as though I've got a lot of phoning to do today.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 19 2007 :  07:27:47  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve,

Have you tried setting xmailfrommerchant to Yes? Not sure if this wil help in your situation however it may be worth a try.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - June 19 2007 :  08:11:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we've got xmailfrommerchant set to yes.

I don't believe this is an issue with VP, it is definitely a server issue as all our tests point to this.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - June 19 2007 :  17:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Steve.

Do you lease the server? Is the server soley for your own sites? And who do you currently use?

Regards,

Mark
Retail Fireworks
Go to Top of Page

jass
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - March 11 2010 :  12:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

This thread is a few years old now but we are experiencing exactly the same issue with a similiar setup.

Recently moved to a Dedicated (virtual) Server with a VPASP 6.5 codebase. The Server has MailEnable on it and all tests point to this as the problem area. The server support team ran one of their php test email scripts and got it all working so they are not able to help us further.

Are there known issues with VPASP and Mail Enable?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 11 2010 :  20:05:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jass

We use MailEnable ourselves on our servers so we know it works without any problems, normally at least.

If you are not already as your outgoing mail server name try using:

localhost

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jonnyspall
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  09:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having exactly the same problem, the contact form works fine - but the website does not generate order confirmations for the buyer or merchant. Did anyone get any further with resolving this issue?

Everything worked fine before I move to a dedicated server with MailEnable

Jon Spall

Edited by - jonnyspall on May 04 2010 09:25:57
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00