Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Search Engine Optimisation
 Best way to use keywords ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - June 16 2007 :  12:33:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I figured I wood kick this off by asking if there was any rule of thumb for what keywords to use for a product. Should they be the part number, the mfg number, the description, or some combination of these?

Thanks
Jack

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 17 2007 :  06:38:24  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess it depends on what's in your fields, but I'd guess that the manufacturer would probably be quite near the top of the list, and then relevant categories ("tv", "lcd" etc), and then brief names.

For example, if I were looking for a tv, then I'd do a search in google for something like:

high definition lcd tv sony panasonic

One of the most important things is probably to make sure that there's no html formatting inside the keywords as search engines would probably just see those as failures and not list them.

You might find the following extremely useful, as it allows you to generate/source your keywords from multiple/any product columns in any order as well as from the category branches and it'll strip out the html and eliminate duplicates etc, and it also includes our "keyword template fields" which'll let you show your keywords as search text links on your product pages:

Keyword tools/bundle:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=150

Keyword template-fields:
(if you buy the keyword tools/bundle above, then don't buy the template-fields addon, because it's already included within the tools) -
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=123

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on June 17 2007 07:06:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: