Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 UPS Realtime on Windows 2000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pymalion
VP-CART New User

USA
80 Posts

Posted - August 27 2002 :  12:28:24  Show Profile  Visit pymalion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just went rounds with our ISP. We had our site transfered from a NT box to a new windows 2000 server. The UPS connection would freeze, after using shopcustomer.asp and the server's processor would spike to 100%, just like indicated in http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_xmlproblems.htm. I had the ISP install the DLL, and I changed shopupsreal.asp as suggested, but it still hangs. The ISP tried several different host configs, permissions, user accounts, etc.., but nothing works. They are now trying to put me back on old server. Anyone know of anything else to try?

Stephen Page
[email protected]

AzJose
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 10 2003 :  23:52:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as an FYI.

I had XML 3.0 on my exisiting server running the realtime UPS module. Was working fine.

Well UPS rolled out thier new web site recently and seems that XML changed with it. So needless to say, my realtime UPS would choke and put dllhost.exe at 99% cpu usage.

So I figured I would change to the XML 4.0 Parser that is available at Microsoft and see if that worked and what do ya know, worked like a charm.

Hope this might help someone. I know I was looking for the cause of this for about 3 days, cause when checking out either as a new user or exisiting user, it would hang at the UPS shipping charge lookup.

Here is the link to the part I had to install on my Win2k server.

Cheers,

Joseph
Arizona

Edited by - azjose on April 10 2003 23:56:00
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00