Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Can''t take payment. authorize.net :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mleselrod
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - June 13 2007 :  21:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything has been running fine for a few weeks. All of the sudden I'm getting this:

Your credit card transaction failed
An error occurred communicating with the payment gateway

I'm running vpasp 6.5 with aim authorize.net. Any suggestions? There call center is closed right now and I'm really stuck.

mleselrod
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - June 13 2007 :  23:20:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It fixed itself after an hour.
Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - June 14 2007 :  12:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was probably just a random network connection going down somewhere "between" your server and Authorize.net. It's rare, but it happens.
Go to Top of Page

dfreeman
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - October 01 2007 :  20:59:40  Show Profile  Visit dfreeman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, it's happening to me, too and it's not a random network connection. I have a 5.0 cart that has been working for a couple of years that is now getting this message, and on the same server a new 6.5 cart I'm setting up and trying to test is getting the message. I use ASPTear as the transport and it tests fine. I'm at a loss.

David Freeman
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 06 2007 :  18:31:34  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi David,

If this is still occurring can you post this in our online help desk and one of our support team will look into this for you to see if they can find out what is happening.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

rtnsolutions
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - January 30 2009 :  18:34:59  Show Profile  Visit rtnsolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im having a similar problem using Authorize.net AIM. When i submit the transaction, it does not forward to shopthanks.asp and give me this contradictory messege:
Your credit card transaction failed
"This transaction has been approved."
Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it

James Hickey
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 02 2009 :  00:24:06  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am getting this error as well, after a few months of everything processing fine. This is happening for all orders. Any fixes for this?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 02 2009 :  00:29:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

We did have one customer on our helpdesk in the past who had a similar issue. From our investigation, this was because the customer had modified their account setting on their Authorize.net control panel.

I do not quite remember where the setting is located, but our gateway file expected that the delimiter to be set to "," (no quotes). I would suggest try logging into your Authorize.net panel, check the account setting and make sure the "delimiter " is set to a comma "," (no quotes).

If this still does not resolve the issue, please submit this to our helpdesk and we will investigate this issue further.

Thank you.

Regards,
Frank
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 02 2009 :  01:17:38  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank.

Well, I fixed it. I was also having an error (unknown to me) on the UPS Shipping. I went to the support docs and found this:

Problem:Error " Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'
Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Chr'
/shop/shophash.asp, line 87"
Solution:This can occur if your webserver has the default codepage set to a unicode (two byte) codepage. This causes the Chr() function to fail as it only supports single byte characters.
You will need to edit shophash.asp and after the opening <% add a line of code:
session.codepage = 1252

I went in and added and now BOTH the credit card processing AND UPS are working.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 02 2009 :  01:26:28  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry - I *DID NOT* fix AuthNet. I changed the checkout page back to the default and was also getting an error:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e21'

The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.

/shopcheckout.asp, line 350

And that was resolved with the above.

I am going to AuthNet's support in a few hours.

We have not logged into AuthNet in a while, so I will check that out. This has just started and been happening for two days.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 02 2009 :  01:33:25  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it the Direct Response Delimiter?

Specify if the transaction response should be delimited, the delimiting character, and the encapsulation character (if needed).

Delimited Response: Yes No (set to no)
Default Field Separator (set to comma)

No Field Encapsulation Character.

So, should the Delimited Response be Yes?

Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 02 2009 :  06:17:52  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very strange. After submitting this post, I found that the transaction I submitted to AuthNet is being sent to them now(weren't previously) and that it does have a message that the card was declined - contact card issuer and looking at the notes, it said the street address did not match (though it does).

Changing the shophash page helped a little, but not enough. But at least they are making their way to the gateway now. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00