Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Complete lack of access to support...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pamela Zero
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - June 08 2007 :  14:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going nuts here - trying to update the vpasp for a client (order 30498) and not able to access ANY sort of help - no phone - no live chat - only email and can't register as my email is not his - but he is not the programmer and can't ask the questions needed to deal with the update.

Have a laundry list of questions and issues about the update and can't do more than just post here.

Suggestions? Other than recommend a different product with decent access to support for the programmers?

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - June 08 2007 :  14:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you try to register for the Helpdesk? (Click on the support tab above and then Helpdesk) I know the registration process requires an order no. but I think you can register your email address with your name. If you haven't already, I would try that first. A lot of people have missed that part in the past.

Truthfully, the support from VPASP is really very good. I know if you have suggestions for how they could improve it, they will certainly listen.
Go to Top of Page

Pamela Zero
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - June 08 2007 :  14:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to register for support. Told me that my email did not match the email on file for the order number.

Very frustrating. No point in great support if I can't access it.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 08 2007 :  15:11:48  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You can sign up in the help desk by selecting during registration as your version VPASP FREE.

Leave the order id blank and you will be able to complete the registration process.

Then when you are posting your first question include a request to associate your helpdesk user with the purchasers account and reference the order id and email address used and we will update your account for you.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - June 13 2007 :  08:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must stick up for the support guys they are great! (when you can get to them) lol!

Regards,

Mark
Retail Fireworks
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - June 13 2007 :  20:39:22  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, you cant do better on help. Cam has always been the best. The others are good too. They have helped me with all kinds of stuff. You just have a be a little bit patient with e-mail... but they document every single question or problem and e-mail is the best way to do it. everyone wants instant access to everything, but Cam is in Austrialia I think, so you at least got to wait until they get into the office and read your request. At least let him get a cup of coffee! haha! The upside is if you are up in the middle of the night in the USA like I usually am, you get really fast service! VP-ASP is so good that you can really make it anything you want it to be, I dont know of too many products that you can do that with. To do mods really requires you learn asp and html programing. I dont think tech service can teach you that. I found this place and learned most of it pretty quickly.

http://www.w3schools.com/

If it free school on html, asp and a lot of other programing laguages.

http://www.apswater.com
Go to Top of Page

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - June 16 2007 :  12:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My two cents,
VP-ASP support is the best. Response time is extremely fast. I've never had a problem. I also host with VP-ASP and it's been really great. They really know how to do it right.
Jack
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - June 16 2007 :  21:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree totally. VPASP support is the best I have ever experienced for a product of this price, it's simply outstanding; fast and often above the call of duty.

Go to Top of Page

dunpeal
VP-CART New User

70 Posts

Posted - June 29 2007 :  14:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that there should be american support since most users are american. Staying up all night is not a option for me
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - June 29 2007 :  15:05:10  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, staying up all night comes with the territory, it is what web developers do.... thankfully they are in Austrailia so that they are there when I need them. I wouldnt guess that most users are in the USA, I thnk worldwide there are tons of users other then the USA. I am sure they would be happy to put support in the usa if you were willing to pay a lot more for the software. As it stands now, the support here is much better then anything I find in the USA. You should try calling peachtree sometime. I waited for 2 hours on a new install I was doing, I complained about the wait time and they said, "Well it IS free", They also had a money back guarentee if you dont like the software. BUT you have to call and hold to get approval... the hold time... in excess of 3 hours so you never can really get your money back. VP-ASP..on the other hand...superb!
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 29 2007 :  16:50:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, as over 60% of our customers are based in the US, our support has in fact been geared to cover 24 hours a day weekdays and 16 hours a day on weekends for critical site down issues.

So wherever you are located in the world we will be able to cover you if you need any help.

Plus of course the folks on this forum are fantastic when you need help with something to do with customising your site. :)

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - June 29 2007 :  16:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somewhat unrelated to this topic, but it does seem to me that support does not participate nearly as much as they once did on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 30 2007 :  03:13:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rein,

The forum is really for customer to customer assistance. We will pop in from time to time to moderate as needed and sometimes answer a query but mostly it is for you guys to ask questions and if you know an answer help someone else out.

Plus with the release of version 6.50 sales have gone through the roof and we have a lot less time to jump into the forum being honest but hopefully over summer we will start to get a bit of breathing space and be able to help out here a bit more.

We're there for ya.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

i2Paq
VP-CART New User

Netherlands
62 Posts

Posted - September 22 2007 :  03:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eventough this topic is a little aged I just need to say that the support from VP-ASP is one of the best, quickiest and right-on-target when it comes to working solutions!

Thumbs up you guys!

As stated here that over 60% of VP-ASP shops are US-based I'm probable one of the 3 VP-ASP users in The Netherlands (lol) and even I was helped in such a fast and solid way that I cannot understand why VP-ASP is not known in The Netherlands.
Personaly I think it is the best solution for e-Commerce compared to others with the same price tag.
Hell, even Free opensource solutions will cost you more in the end then the Plus package.

Regards,

Norman
TASKIT.nl

Edited by - i2Paq on September 27 2007 12:50:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00