Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Documentation of Patches/Fixes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - June 06 2007 :  04:01:11  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is also a suggestion for future patches/fixes..normally, if vpasp fixes a major bug, they document it at the top of the page (in the notes) but if they are not that major, they just fix them and include them in future releases. There used to a time when the patch zip file included a text file that listed ALL changes made to ANY file of the VPASP application.

For users that customize their VPASP applications, is really a pain to try to figure out what changes, if any, were made to pages they have already had customized. It is specially important if the fixes/patches have to do with security issues.

I have not downloaded the latest patches so I am not sure if it is done, but for future releases of patches, there should be a text files listing ALL changes, no matter how minor, made by the programming staff, to make sure any user who customized their application can modify them manually, without having to replace that page and paying again to have it customized.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 06 2007 :  05:56:41  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You can find the list of pages fixed at:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=880#880

We also highly recommend using a program called Winmerge. This is fantastic for migrating between versions as it allows you to compare files and whole folders as well so you can compare your files against the new ones and easily migrate the changes across.

You can download this for free from:

www.winmerge.org

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - June 08 2007 :  18:21:30  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awesome...i did not know this software existed...that and the list of changes made will definitely make my job easier when the upgrades come...thanks a lot!

quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi there,

You can find the list of pages fixed at:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=880#880

We also highly recommend using a program called Winmerge. This is fantastic for migrating between versions as it allows you to compare files and whole folders as well so you can compare your files against the new ones and easily migrate the changes across.

You can download this for free from:

www.winmerge.org

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000