Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Products not showing up after import
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thunderhawk
Starting Member

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  04:08:55  Show Profile  Visit thunderhawk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!
I have been testing the import, and it worked nicely.
Problem is, when I am logged in as a supplier and then try to import, I do not get any error message or anything, everything goes smooth. But, products are not showing up in the store, or neither in suppliers view/edit products. If I log on as adminstrator I can see the products, and if I change the supplier everything works?
How can I get this to work for suppliers???
Thanks!

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  08:45:04  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sounds like a permissions problem to me. Check out Admin Users in the VP-ASP CP and see what the supplier(s) are allowed to see/use.

Bob Stone
www.kansasstamps.org
Go to Top of Page

thunderhawk
Starting Member

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  01:26:00  Show Profile  Visit thunderhawk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think that is the case.
Same thing happens with import in administrator area.
If I change the supplier after import, to another one, it is showing up in front end, but not when supplier is logging in.
Any help is more than welcome ...

and one more thing... when I type in one product as supplier, everything is perfect. Product is showing up, it can be seen on both sides - front side, and if I log on as supplier or administrator...

Edited by - thunderhawk on May 11 2007 03:00:36
Go to Top of Page

seeker1
VP-CART New User

Australia
114 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  03:23:46  Show Profile  Visit seeker1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Suppliers logon to the Control Panel as Restricted Administrators.
They can only see products if their userid matches the userid in the product record.

A full administrator does not have these restrictions. They can see all products.

So for import to work for suppliers, you need to make sure the userid field has the value of your supplier userid.

Howard Kadetz
www.hkprog.com
VP-ASP Add-ons and customization
Go to Top of Page

thunderhawk
Starting Member

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  03:39:26  Show Profile  Visit thunderhawk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, but I know about this and everything is OK with supplier ID.
Export is working nicely, showing supplier ID accordingly to the import. Supplier ID should be generated automatically for that supplier if we are to import products as that very supplier. Right?
My major concerne is that when I do import things as supplier, and then switch to administrators account, I can see that this product is "connected" to right supplier. But nothing happens until I manually change the supplier from one to another. Product is showing up in front end, but still nothing in suppliers side can't be seen???
I can change suppliers as much as I wish, but none of the suppliers can see the imported documents...
I am getting desperate....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00