Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Default product option
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ovcbs
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  11:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of my products have a drop down select list for Available Colors. I would like to eliminate the Select entry added by Vp-Asp as the first entry in the drop-down list and have the list default to the first option in the list thus eliminating the Feature is required screen if a customer just presses the order button. Many products have only 1 color available but to keep the site look uniform all have select lists.

I can modify the code myself but I need to know where this list is built. The list is not a Product Feature but rather a Selection List entered directly on the product data entry page.

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  12:18:58  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can mark one as selected by adding <option selected> in front of it in the list i.e.; <option selected>1,2,3,4,5 and the dropdown will come up with 1 preselected. This works except there is a blank option above the one with the <option selected> tag.
Go to Top of Page

ovcbs
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  12:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That will work fine for me. With this solution I can choose which products have defaults and which don't.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00