Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Language translation x product combos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BruceMac
Starting Member

New Zealand
6 Posts

Posted - April 27 2007 :  14:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello folks,

I'm setting up a store selling information bulletins as electronic downloads. Each bulletin has two versions - one written in English and the other in Spanish.

I can't figure out how to enter these in the database when I also want to make use of the multiple language functions of the cart. Can I have a single product entry (the description of which is available in both es and en) with an option within that entry for the purchaser to select either an en or es version of the product? Or, do I enter both versions as separate product items.

I'm sure the answer is in the manual, but while it is wonderfully written, I'm having trouble getting my head around all the options available and combinations possible.

Thanks/Bruce

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 28 2007 :  00:02:10  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruce,

I would probably actually set this up with a different product per language.

Or what may work depending on how you have your site set up is to use Inventory products so set up the main parent product and create a child product with the download file attached for each language.

You can then have a single product entry on the product display page and have a drop down for the customer to select the language they would like.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00