Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Multi Level Content Editing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - April 27 2007 :  05:14:53  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

I want to allow various users to log into the admin area and be able to edit their own content.

I know how to give access to various areas ie orders and products but selecting content just lets everyone see each others text

Is this possible

Regards

Alan

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - April 27 2007 :  06:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe craeting a supplier or author login will help you achieve this. Each supplier or author will then only be able to edit or access their own product/content.

If you are looking at a more advanced publishing system, then I suggest using a standalone CMS that you can incorporate into VPASP. There are many free ones available via aspin.com and hotscripts.com.

Those CMS will give you more control over user and content management, as well as publishing access and dates.
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - April 27 2007 :  09:43:45  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To expand on goshen's comments -- the below suggestion is only if you have a handful of users, otherwise it would probably be a pain to administer.

Set up each user as a Restricted Admin and give them access ONLY to the View/Edit Products section and table. Then just customize the heck out of a product template so it is really nothing more than a content page. Then use that template in their product's template field or use it in the link to the extended description for that product.

This way, they can only see the "product" they created. And by using the customized template, you're displaying their "product" as a content page with out any of the unnecessary stuff like price or order button.

We did this for a client who also wrote a biweekly newsletter. This way it gave him the ability to add the "Reviews" and the search feature worked within his newsletters.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Eric in Maine

Edited by - elammers on April 27 2007 09:46:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00