Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Code for embedding exe flash file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bagman74
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - April 23 2007 :  21:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a flash file that has been saved as an exe file (includes the player in it) and I need to know what the code is that will allow me to insert this file into the extended description of a product. Any clues? Thanks in advanced.

Mark

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - April 25 2007 :  07:40:25  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm no Flash guru, but this doesn't sound like the best way to do this - if it is even possible. Majority of browsers already have the Flash plugin, so why add the overhead of embedding the SWF with the player???

If you can get your hands on the SWF file, here's the code from a working example. Hope this helps.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash4/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" height="260" width="200">
<param name="movie" value="free_sample.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#E2373F">

<embed src="free_sample.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#E2373F" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" height="260" width="200">
</object>

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

bagman74
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - April 25 2007 :  11:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric.

I don't have the ability to get just the swf file. The client only has it in this format. I am not sure if there is a conversion program that will strip out the swf file or if there is a way to do it myself. if anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks.

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00