Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Converting live shop to local IIS ?? Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kev K
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - April 13 2007 :  07:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys
We had a "difficult" (being polite) time with a web design/hosting company spent far too much money for zero result but before we permanently parted company with them we managed to grab a copy of our web directory and database.
Transferred it over to IIS running on small business server 2003 so we can use the shop as a local catalogue/reference as we have over a 1000 products and also wish to use it in our shop as a display tool.

Now I know I’m doing something wrong as I cant get it too work & don’t have a vpasp 5 manual or the original files as our hosting company "lost" them and we had a machine die so we lost our copy (yes we back up everything now) so only have print outs of emails etc.

I have edited all asp pages I can find that reference the original .mdb file location to the new one, for now set everyone to have full access.
I can get the front page - but when I click onto a product category I get the generic template page - but no products though no displayed errors

I can now log in as root admin and appear to be able to edit orders etc so I am guessing that I have the dbase paths etc right.
SO what am I missing to make the shop work locally ??

Thanks for any ideas - or if someone has a manwell for V5 would be appreciated

Ta

Kev

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 16 2007 :  02:08:27  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kev,

You can find the guides for older versions at:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_designguide.htm

It is a bit hard to second guess what the issue but have you looked in the template file itself and made sure that when you downloaded it the file came down fully?

Sometimes when you ftp files up or down they do not process fully so you have a file on your pc that is blank.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Kev K
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - April 23 2007 :  06:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having played about with this some more - I am now getting licence key errors - I shall be emailling support for a local ip key
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00