Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Download as a shipping method issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - April 13 2007 :  04:43:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have come across an issue with shipping.

Our company sells both delivered goods and downloaded goods, however this causes an issue where a customer can select download as a shipping method when they purchase actual goods. This means they effectively get the product without paying shipping costs and this results in a loss on the cheaper products we sell,. We have literally hundreds of small products and hundreds of download products so some of these fraudulent orders easily slip through the net.

Is there anyway around this issue? We are using VPASP 6.5

matt@letraset
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - April 16 2007 :  08:27:38  Show Profile  Visit matt@letraset's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, yeah - anyone who can shed some light on this, would be very grateful. We sell downloads and physical products - a customer has a download they get free delivery, a customer that purchases a product has to pay a price, but standard VPASP gives the free delivery download option to both downloads and physical products.... HELP!!
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - April 20 2007 :  04:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone ? Surely this issue is fairly common?? Please
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - April 23 2007 :  04:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will happily give up some of my technical support tickets for an answer to this question.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 23 2007 :  05:04:54  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've done this before; it was a case of delving into the nitty-gritty code, looping around the items to see which ones were downloads and which ones were physical products, and then changing the delivery method accordingly on the shopcustomer page, and we put the delivery method on the shopcustomer page as a hidden field instead of displaying it.

ie if *any* items are physical then the method would be "UPS" or whatever, and if *no* items are physical then it'd be "download".

depending on your physical shipping addon/logic, zero-weighted (ie virtual) products may or may not end up causing a delivery cost for that item, so you'd also need to check/change that aspect too.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - April 23 2007 :  08:27:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh customisation is not really the way we intended to go.....

I think i have found a workaround solution though.

By setting all download items to have a weight as 0 and all tangible products to have a weight as 1 I can use the minimum and maximum weight fields in the shipping options, so if it isn't a download item it must have a weight of 1 and will not work if download is selected as delivery.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00