Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 6.0 Missing Buttons after Change
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - April 05 2007 :  10:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't upgraded though I have downloaded the 6.5 version. I'm originally setup my store under a domain called ShowCarGarage.com and due to various business decisions I had to change it to ShowCarDetailing.com

So I went into the configuration and changed it, and also checked the database for occurences to ShowCarGarage.com instead of ShowCarDetailing.com

For awhile everything seemed fine, until I was getting reports of problems with the store. When checking it out, it seems all my form images are still pointing to urls at the ShowCarGarage.com domain.

Despite the DB showing they are pointing to ShowCarDetailing, when I right click on the broken image links, they point to ShowCarGarage.com

I tried turning off the store, but even in my Admin panel the images are missing, and instead shows "Submit Query". When I click on the link, it doesn't do a forum submit. It just says "Record Not Found".

So I resort to going into the DB via Heidisql and modifying the related records. But even with the Store value turned to Yes, the store remains open.

So I'm very confused.

I decided to see if the site was accessing the right database, so I went into my db control panel for the site, and used the online phpmyadmin to view the site, and sure enough it shows the same db along with the modified data (showing ShowCarDetailing) for all the image variables.

So it appears that the site isn't even looking at the database for these variables, yet it is pulling the products from the database and displaying them correctly.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on??

You can view the shop here.

www.ShowCarDetailing.com/eshop

This is a live site, but feel free to try to click an item (notice the missing add to cart image---instead shows Submit Query). Remember the shop SHOULD be closed, but it isn't.

Richard

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - April 05 2007 :  12:51:16  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not clear if you have 2 shops installed or just the one. If 2, check your SHOP$CONFIG.ASP file and review the xshopid for each. They should be different. Otherwise, if you are using the same browser session it may be getting confused.

This is just one of many possibilities.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - April 05 2007 :  13:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, it's just one site. The existing domain name changed, so that required me to make changes to the configuration and related hosting things.

I'm guessing this may be a good time to just upgrade to 6.5 and see if that fixes things.

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by elammers

I'm not clear if you have 2 shops installed or just the one. If 2, check your SHOP$CONFIG.ASP file and review the xshopid for each. They should be different. Otherwise, if you are using the same browser session it may be getting confused.

This is just one of many possibilities.

Regards,

Eric in Maine

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00