Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Credit card fraud and hackers
 security questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwight
VP-CART New User

USA
143 Posts

Posted - April 04 2007 :  11:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. My host suggested that I move the shop$config.asp file to a safe place. Without any knowledge of what the webhost does.
Are there any files that should be put in a separate folder and/or are there any special permissions to be set to them. What should I ask the webhost to do in layman's term.

2. When going through the security patches. Should I assume that if I uploaded version 6.5 in March. That all the patches, corrections to the code have already been made.

3. Securing my admin site with SSl doesn't work. Has anyone else had a problem?

4. Lastly, the gateway files that I downloaded. Should they, and if so how, should they be secured being that they contain the aplogin and transaction key.

Thanks
Dwight
Bye

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 04 2007 :  22:33:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dwight,

1. As the shop$config.asp and indeed most of the files within VP-ASP are ASP they cannot be rendered in a browser so the content within them is actually already protected.

The same with the gateway files as well.

2. If you have downloaded the latest version of 6.50 then it the package will have all security protections already in place.

We will be releasing a patch for a number of minor bugs but there are no security issues with these.

3. You need to use your own SSL certificate when accessing the admin. You cannot use a shared SSL certificate.

4. See above re ASP files.

As long as you follow the security check list and always ensure your site has the latest patches applied your data will be secure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dwight
VP-CART New User

USA
143 Posts

Posted - April 05 2007 :  06:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information.
It was very helpful.