Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Category Popout or Down menus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - April 04 2007 :  09:23:59  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Can anyone advise where I can get details on producing dropdown or pop out menus for Category and sub category descriptions?

Basically I want there to be a pop out/dropdown window populated with subcategories when a Parent Category is rolled over. I've searched the Design Guide and can't find any mention of how to achieve this.

Can anyone help?

Edited by - jmccann on April 04 2007 09:47:09

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - April 04 2007 :  09:40:39  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have wondered this myself.
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - April 04 2007 :  18:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please share how you figured this out. This has been a big issue with VPASP and no one seems to be able to offer any workable solution to v6.5
Go to Top of Page

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - April 04 2007 :  21:54:01  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our member Happy is a great man. He showed me the link for the drop down code.
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6826
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - April 05 2007 :  00:51:14  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can find many free Javascripts that can accomplish this.
Go to Top of Page

stone5150
VP-CART New User

USA
186 Posts

Posted - April 05 2007 :  09:46:31  Show Profile  Visit stone5150's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apparently having a pop up/out sub catagory menu was a default feature built into VPASP at some point. With 6.5 it is no longer turned on by default. I asked how to set it up in a help desk ticket, along with many other questions, but I never got a satisfactory answer. I was given instructions how to do it, but they didn't work and no one ever followed up on it.
Go to Top of Page

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - April 05 2007 :  11:20:45  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have already built a site at www.paper-cuts.co.uk with CSS dropdowns for specific queries, but I was hoping for something near enough "out of the box" for Dynamic Categrories without having to hack underlying code in several ASP files.

This is something that I feel shpuld be part of the core application.

I eventually shelled out an additional $65 for a template as I reckon it is cheaper and quicker that re-coding all the ASP myself!!.
Go to Top of Page

revrat
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - April 05 2007 :  12:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this thread to be very helpful.

http://vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6483&SearchTerms=dropdown

I now have drop downs for Artists and Labels. just make sure to read the whole thread as there were an error or two that are created later on in the thread like the extra java code but it works great.

J. Wasko
http://www.ominousdrone.com/shop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00