Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Recommended Gateway
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  23:10:53  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, all:

Can you recommend a good gateway for use in the USA with easy installation/integration procedures with VPASP 6.5 for non-teches. Please provide the web address of the recommended gateway provider so I can study it. I see Paypal Pro is tough enough. Other paypals do not work perfectly with VPASP.

If possible, share your installation experience with the recommended gateway with us STEP BY STEP for non-teches.

Thanks.

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  00:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We use PayPal IPN and AuthorizeNet ofr one of our client sites. Both work ok.

What not working with PayPal?

S.

Go to Top of Page

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - April 01 2007 :  13:07:30  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I read at somewhere that says PayPal IPN need manual operation and clients do not return back to the site after checkout....Both can not receive a receipt.. I am totally confused.

I just need ONE gateway to receive payments.
Go to Top of Page

Happy
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - April 02 2007 :  19:46:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use PayPal IPN and it works well. I would recommend that to you as well. You are right, the customer may not click the link at the end of the process to return to your site, but it does not matter, the order is already taken!

To set up PayPal IPN, you need to simply follow the steps outlined in the Readme.txt that comes with the IPN free download from VPASP. It is a very well documented readme.txt. You will also have to open a business account with Paypal.

Thanks,
Happy
Go to Top of Page

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - April 03 2007 :  00:07:52  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy:

I just need a gateway to accept payments and both of the client and the merchant can get a detailed receipt (with items purchased). I see nothing stating about this Paypal IPN at Paypal site....

I don't like the way for client to pay in a lumpsum at Paypal. I don't know if this is the way for Paypal IPN? I want clients to see the full list of what he/she has purchased after he pays. Is this Paypal IPN?

I am confused. I have my Paypal Pro approved. However, maybe I have to give it up as I don't know how to integrate it to my VPASP shopping cart. Paypal says they do not provide support, although they call themselves "integration technical support".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00